New and Nice MINI35 shots. - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old March 3rd, 2006, 01:56 PM   #31
Major Player

Once you click on any of the links, you will see a page and you need to scroll down just a little and you will be offered to choose between PREMIUM and FREE downloads. You after you click FREE button, you will be redirected to a page where you can see that there is a countdown of seconds (usually you have to wait 60 seconds). After the countdown reaches the 0, page will refresh, and there will be a button saying DOWNLOAD FROM NET MIRROR "xxxx", right before that button there is a space you have to enter the random code which is shown there as a picture.

I understand that this is not the easiest way to do the downloads, but, I didn't have any free space, and this server is also very fast, you get really high download rate.

I hope this helped.

Cole, I don't know why 2.mov doesn't work, does anybody else have this problem?

www.sarke.ge
----------------
Old March 3rd, 2006, 02:07 PM   #32
Regular Crew

2.mov worked for me on my Mac.
John Cordell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 03:46 PM   #33
Trustee

weird, ok...Ido have the rest and they not only allowed me to see your work , but to try editing and playing HD content on the new iMovie HD. Impressive stuff. Thank you.
Cole McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 05:14 AM   #34

Levan, at my PC and at my partner's (two laptops with 1Gb RAM), it doesn't run smoothly like the other examples as I posted before:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showpost....&postcount=100

OK if the question is the m2t files, isn't there another possibility in order to have them smoothly? I've seen all the Barlow Elton stuff without hassles. I'm thinking that he posted from the same workflow as you. Why not with the same results?

Thank you for the interest.
Old March 6th, 2006, 07:49 AM   #35
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leuname Ereh
Levan, at my PC and at my partner's (two laptops with 1Gb RAM), it doesn't run smoothly like the other examples as I posted before:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showpost....&postcount=100

OK if the question is the m2t files, isn't there another possibility in order to have them smoothly? I've seen all the Barlow Elton stuff without hassles. I'm thinking that he posted from the same workflow as you. Why not with the same results?

Thank you for the interest.

Well, not exactly the same workflow. Barlow recorded to tape, and then captured the m2t file with HDVxDV. Although I could theoretically do the same, I don't like HDVxDV at all, it degrades quality from what I notice , but the fact that I don't like it is not the only reason of course, the other reason is that I captured the clips directly from SDI OUT of the camera to DVCPRO HD. In pal world DVCPRO HD is 1440X1080, so I don't loose any resolution in this case. So, from the beggining I don't have m2t file. I converted the DVCPRO HD file to h.264. So, now if you can tell me what type of codec settings do you want me to convert it to I will post a finished work in that codec, and some new shots also. So let me know, I will try my best.

www.sarke.ge
----------------
Old March 6th, 2006, 09:57 AM   #36

I see Levan. Well, I can't answer you because my field (producing) is not this one. But I've seen others though now I don't know which were the formats, if mp4? Also quicktime for sure! If not next to the native rez, at least, as we need link it at any website as a trailer, for instance.

It's better watch smoothly than see the content as true stills besides the unpleasant compression artifacts, as well. That I can imagine there are out from the native footage. Well, I hope so. If it isn't other way, at least, I'd like to see it as it's possible any user to watch a trailer at web. Or as this example and it's h264 as you can see: http://cinemekserve.temp.powweb.com/...imilo.h264.mov

By the way, it's another 35mm adapter and if I'm not wrong you asked for it.

Last edited by Guest; March 7th, 2006 at 02:33 AM.
Old March 6th, 2006, 11:59 AM   #37
Major Player

Quote:
I see Levan. Well, I can't answer you because my field (producing) is not this one. But I've seen others though now I don't know which were the formats, if mp4? Also quicktime for sure! If not next to the native rez, at least, as we need link it at any website as a trailer, for instance.

It's better watch smoothly than see the content as true stills besides the unpleasant compression artifacts, as well. That I can imagine there are out from the native footage. Well, I hope so. If it isn't other way, at least, I'd like to see it as it's possible any user to watch a trailer at web. Or as this example and it's h264 as you can see: http://cinemekserve.temp.powweb.com/...imilo.h264.mov

By the way, it's another 35mm adapter and if I'm not wrong you ask for it.
OK, you know what, tommorrow, I will upload MPEG4 file, I think it should work fine, also I might resize it to lower resolution. Also, I will try some other codecs as well, it is just that when I convert it to different codec from original, it introduces some compression artifacts as you mentioned as well.

Anyone else have suggestions which compression to use for PC users to be able to view the clips?

www.sarke.ge
----------------
Old March 7th, 2006, 02:35 AM   #38

Thank you Levan. I like your eye-work and I'd like see it these as movie clips.

[edit] By the way:

Quote:
By the way, it's another 35mm adapter and if I'm not wrong you asked for it.
Now after edited, that's correct as past form its meaning it's completely different than in the present form... LOL

Well, did you alread see it? Good loook, hein? And at 13% of the Mini35 price, what do you think?

Here is other one:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.p...4&postcount=54
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=47623&page=3

Last edited by Guest; March 7th, 2006 at 03:31 AM.
Old March 7th, 2006, 09:14 AM   #39
Major Player

Quote:
Thank you Levan. I like your eye-work and I'd like see it these as movie clips.

[edit] By the way:

Now after edited, that's correct as past form its meaning it's completely different than in the present form... LOL

Well, did you alread see it? Good loook, hein? And at 13% of the Mini35 price, what do you think?

Here is other one:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.p...4&postcount=54
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=47623&page=3
:*) yep, the meaning is different. Now I am downloading the files from the link. I also visited the thread on dvuser.com, but to read it from the middle, made no sense at all. Is it a new adapter? with something improved (technological) over mini35? Is it ready and selling or is it just a concept yet?

well, it will take 1 hour to download the file, and I will see the quality and let you know what I think. :*)

www.sarke.ge
----------------

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders