HDSDI XDCAM Deck with XLH1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old March 24th, 2006, 09:45 AM   #1
Trustee

HDSDI XDCAM Deck with XLH1

At the NYCFUG meeting last night Sony demoed the XDCAM HD system and the recorder deck they have can record HDSDI signals. This might be one way to record Canon XLH1 HDSDI to inexpensive Media for those people who want something better than HDV but not sure about the other HDSDI paths. A little diffferent than DVCPRO 100 HD tapes.
Of course everything seems to be in the 15K range but the wisdom of Canon putting the HDSDI is continuing to play out
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 10:29 AM   #2
Trustee

I think it's definitely an option, but I heard that xdcam is compressed to 35Mbs anyhow, so I don't know that you would see that much of an advantage. I could be wrong though.
Old March 24th, 2006, 11:12 AM   #3
Starway Pictures

Is XDCAM MPEG as well... Just less bit starved?
Robert Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #4
Major Player

Yep, as a matter of fact, it is HDV in technical terms, but they can not cal it like that because it's not on tape.. Though, the higher bitrate option is better quality, it's still mpg.
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #5
Trustee

Granted it is not uncompressed but think about it for a second. It is potentially higher quality than HDV bitrate, It is non-linear and the recording media is inexpensive. 60 mins for 30 dollars. If I was working on a narrative I would consider it. HDV would be your back-up.
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders