3x Wide angle with the H1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old April 16th, 2006, 07:53 PM   #16
Major Player
16x9 adapter

I love having the wide angle !
But this adapter has issues with both loosing focus around the edges AND color abberation (red & blue borders around contrasting edges)
That being said, if you control the presets and are careful, it is quite wonderful to use. I actually like the extra curve of the 16x9 lens.

I am uploading some clips now:

-The clips that say "16x9_" are the ones with the adapter
- The clips that say "Letus35XL_" are tests with Quyen Le's new 35mm/relay lens adapter
- The Clips that say "wv70mm_" are new tests with Winston Vargas' 70mm adapter he is in the process of perfecting...

I'll be posting more as the days roll by,
John Benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 08:34 AM   #17
Major Player
Originally Posted by Jon Bickford
if you keep the 3x lens right in the sweet spot for exposure, around 2.4-2.8 it is surprisingly sharp, wide open or stopped down the 3x looks terrible in hd
Remember that any lens is going to look bad stopped down further than f/5.6 on an H1 as 5.6 is at the diffraction limit.

It's very encouraging hearing that the lens can be fixed. I guess I'll try to get that done.
A. J. deLange is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders