xlh1 and dvcprohd problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old April 16th, 2006, 07:12 AM   #1
Tourist

xlh1 and dvcprohd problem

Hello everyone this week i rented the xlh1 W/p+s technik converter,prime lenses and a dvcpro hd1200a deck. I was trying to capture uncompressed hd at 4.2.2. The problem i had, everytime i put the deck into record mode i was getting blank white screen. I call panasonic techs they told me that the deck is not compatible with the xlh1. And yes i was in 1080i not in 720p mode. The reason the told me is the deck can only record 1080i in dvcpro format and the xlh1 shoots out hd/sdi out in dv format that why iam getting a blank white screen. if anyone have any other solution, please help.

Rick Masihuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 07:34 AM   #2
Trustee

Rick,
Sorry to hear you are having problems. sounds like a little misunderstanding from Panasonic and Canon. The HDSDI coming out of the Canon is not DV. The firewire out is HDV. You should tell us which cabling you were trying to use. Were you seeing a picture out of the deck in E to E but not record or was it never getting into the deck. Where you trying to record 60i 1080 or were you in 30F or 24F. Either way the HD SDI is a supposed to be a 1080 60i signal but on HDV tape they are different signals. Also there are menu settings on the camera which can set the HDSDI to SD so you should check all your output settings on the camera HTH
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 02:20 PM   #3
Major Player

Firewire from the Canon will be incompatible. If your 1200a has HD-SDI input it'll work fine if you go that route.
Barlow Elton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 03:07 PM   #4
Major Player

Just in case you missed it, SDI-out is not enabled by default IIRC. You need to enable it in the Signal section of the Camera menu.
Ron Pfister is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders