Canon XL H1for my Cinema... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old May 8th, 2006, 12:40 PM   #16
Major Player

HD100 or XLH1

I saw the test footage on HDV infonet site where a lot of m2t files were downloadable ,,, by what i saw HD100 was giving out quite convinsing show, i had shown the footage to quite a few ppl in my filed & they were easily decieved to belioeve that they were some 35mm shoot.

I wish if there were any real users who have used either of the cameras & bllownup to 35mm.

Also when i read the comparative view done by you (Chris) you had mentioned that the frame mode is only playable by H1 itself as of now since Canon hasnt got any DV or HDV player till date so that too puts my decision on a hold for while to do morer recce... :( VERY confused ...
Old May 8th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #17
Major Player

mini35

<edited out by myself>
Old May 8th, 2006, 08:26 PM   #18
Trustee

Chris,
Great Job on the comparison chart. I noticed one thing that seemd off though. I think you have the gain settings reversed. I don;t know about the HD100 but you have the XL-H1 listed as being from 0db to +18db when in fact it is -3db to +18db. I think you just got them reversed accidentally.

Thanks....and if I am wrong let me know.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders