DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Broadband users only - WIP (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/68320-broadband-users-only-wip.html)

Steven Dempsey May 27th, 2006 06:57 PM

Broadband users only - WIP

I'm putting some scenes together representing some of the nicest shots I've gotten so far with the XLH1.

This work in progress is an absurdly huge m2t file for those interested (almost 600mb). Music and some shots are proxies only at this time but it has a nice hypnotic vibe to it.

http://www.realm.cc/upload/disjecta/finaljourney1.m2t

I haven't tested it so it may stop abruptly towards the end if the whole file didn't upload properly.

It is presented to you "as is" :)

Lowell Oswald May 27th, 2006 08:41 PM

Looks great Steve! very nice shots! Framing is excellent!

What were some of the settings you used and what did you capture it on?

Steven Dempsey May 27th, 2006 08:53 PM

Thanks Lowel. Captured in Premiere Pro 2.0 via Cineform's Aspect HD. Exported as a Cineform avi and then output to tape using Vegas 6d.

Cineform's HD Link has some funky bug regarding motion rendering when sent to tape and Premiere Pro 2.0 still isn't compatible with the XLH1 for printing to tape. Apparently that will be remedied in June when Adobe will provide an update to Premiere Pro 2.0 supporting native 30f and 24f that will be available as a free download from Canon's site.

Steven Gotz May 27th, 2006 10:42 PM

Looks great on the PC. I will put it on a DVD and play it on the Linkplayer2 in the morning. We'll see how it looks on a 60" screen.

Sasa Marjanovic May 28th, 2006 12:02 AM

uhh...

I am really out of luck with this site www.realm.cc...
I still did not manage to see all other clips Disjecta made it...
Is it still off line...???

Ken Diewert May 28th, 2006 10:13 AM

Sasa,

Are you right clicking and 'save target as'... This one is a long download but it's great to see the rez and detail this camera is able to deliver.

Steven,

Continued nice work, This medium lends itself well to land/seascapes, Nice to see the shots that those previous frame grabs were from.

Ken.

Steven Gotz May 28th, 2006 02:29 PM

As is is pretty darn good. I put the M2T on a DVD-ROM and played it on the Linkplayer2 attached to my 60" Sony WEGA.

Very nice. Very close to the way film looks on the same system.

Well done. That is certainly something for many of the rest of us to aspire to.

Sasa Marjanovic May 29th, 2006 12:18 AM

uuaaarghhhh....

Still nothing!!!!
I did everything and I am really frustrated...
It keep saying: Getting file information... Forever!!!
I normally have no problems with downloading anything else.
And I would like to see Disjecta's work with H1...

Chris Barcellos May 29th, 2006 11:34 AM

Another great job. I'm guessing, though, that you could make a fine film with my old digital eight. I've seen your other films. This shows you've taken the time to frame and set up the shots, to expose them right, and to present them in the breath taking format...

Matthew Kent July 28th, 2006 08:50 PM

definately drool worthy!

Jeff Kellam September 20th, 2006 08:41 AM

How do you do the smooth tilt?

Steve:

On the clip where you are at the dock and tilt from looking at the water up to the horizontal (mountains in background), how do you do those very nice smooth, slow tilts?

Also, very nice assortment of m2t clips you have on the forum. I have reviewed most of them to see what the XH-A1 video might look like. They can be a little glitchy on my JVC DVHS though (3/2 pulldown problem or something).

Thanks!

Steven Dempsey September 20th, 2006 10:43 AM

Thanks Jeff. Regarding the smooth tilting, it just comes with practice. I tend to use the weight of my body and the camera to achieve the smoothness. I slowly move my body in towards the downward handle of the tripod.

Imagining you are moving a huge 35mm camera also helps too :)