An Open Letter to Canon: Suggested Fixes for the XL H1 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old November 8th, 2006, 10:06 PM   #31
Trustee

Gabriel. You're absolutely right, I have this feeling there will be a color High res viewfinder coming out in the next year or so and will have all of the features we want only it'll cost somewhere around 3 grand and we'll all complain about the cost...

Grayson, I'm not sure I follow you, it could have been the mini35 I was using (the 400 series) but I didn't have any trouble mounting the fu-1000 to the rig. The cable isn't any shorter then the stock cable and I know we had that mounted to the 35 with no issues. Which version are you using?

I'll add the thing we know will be included and that's embedded timecode and audio to the hd-sdi port. I would LOVE if they would throw in a native image flip (not jsut viewfinder) so that all of the fun adapters could be used with no issues, doesn't seem like it would be a big deal but then again I have no clue how that would be done. All of my sound guys have been complainging about the pickups for the xlr inputs, I'm not sure exactly what the issue is but whatever it is if they'd fix it that would be swell to.

What I'd like ot see them introduce is a new 35mm ef adapter that uses some sort of ground glass or something so that when you hook up the ef lenses you have control of your iris and lens but you don't have the 7.2x magnification. I know i'd buy one of those (and a whole set of L-series primes) in a second.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders