DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Capture offline with PPro and XL-H1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/69471-capture-offline-ppro-xl-h1.html)

Larry Czach June 13th, 2006 12:18 PM

Capture offline with PPro and XL-H1

Premiere shows capture device offline while trying to capture w/XL-H1. Tried Cineform Aspect HD tryout no luck. HD link no luck. Checked camera playback for HDV, it's set. Have SP2 for XP windows. Are there different flavors of SP2?? Please help. I have to edit a feature film in 4 weeks, getting footage from this camera. I have tried on 2 different systems. Intel and AMD. Record button stays gray.

Larry Czach June 13th, 2006 12:23 PM

Oh, and is the preset in Cineform supposed to say Canon off to the side like I saw in the PDF manual for Aspect HD?

Terry Johnson June 13th, 2006 03:32 PM

I have no problems capturing HDV video from my XL-H1 to PP2.0.

For the Project I use the Adobe Preset:

Adobe HDV:
HDV 1080i 30 (Sony 60i).

In the Capture: Settings

Device Brand: Canon
Device Type: XL1S

Pete Bauer June 14th, 2006 06:17 AM

Larry, if you plug the camera in to a firewire port and then turn it on to VCR mode, does WinXP give you any indication it sees the camera (such as an AVC hardware icon and/or the cheery two-tone "new hardware found" sound?) If not, you may have a generic firewire problem...hopefully just the cable.

Also, in case further troubleshooting is needed, what version of PPro are you using?

Larry Czach June 14th, 2006 08:05 AM

Hey guys, I can't test till This Friday PM, that's when I PU camera for our next shooting days. FYI we are shooting our 2nd feature "aTime To Prey". a very creepy film. Pete I did not realize you are in Houston? My firewire card has been around a while should I get a new one. The computer did recognize the camera. On the XL-H1, I turned on the HDV playback, does the av to DV need to be off as well? I will solve this problem, Aslo I am using PrePRo 1.5.1 with the trial version of Aspect HD. We are just starting to freak a little because we have budget and time limit on editing etc. and have not been abel to digitize anything yet. I've been in the trenches before. I'ver been doing desktop since it was available in the early 90's. Check out my 1st feature www.jackeverymanthemovie.com if you get a chance. Thanks for the support.

David Newman June 14th, 2006 09:17 AM

Normally this issue means you have the HD downconvert option enabled in the camera's setup menu. This will make the camera appear as DV only, and Aspect HD will not capture from the camera's DV mode (and where would you want that :) ). If you continue to have trouble, file a ticket with www.cineform.com/support -- this works even if you haven't purchased yet.

Larry Czach June 14th, 2006 09:56 AM

Thank you David. I will double check all of that. Hope that's it.

John Hampton May 27th, 2007 12:46 PM

I have the exact same problem

Has this problem been resolved. The computer recognizes my camera and prompts me to open with adobe premiere. In premiere the capture window record button isnt lit. I go to capture>settings>options and it says the came3ra is online

John Hampton May 27th, 2007 12:48 PM

ps

i havent been able to edit for months