External monitor for H1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old July 10th, 2006, 06:16 PM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Dempsey
I use a Marshall V-R70P-HDSDI 7 Inch LCD Monitor for HD/SD Field Production and it's really fabulous. It's also pricey, I paid about $1750 for it but it has helped me tremendously in the field. I agree that using a non-hd monitor is all but useless in judging critical focus and other issues.

Some people think that upgrading to HD is only about getting a new camera but unfortunately that's just not the case if you want to get the best footage possible.
Ain't that the truth... Maybe HD really means High Debt.

BTW, I would think that the monitor would be near impossible (or just plain impossible) to use when shoulder mounted. Is it just limited to tripod/dollies or is there a way to extend a mount so it's not right in your face.

Ken
Old July 10th, 2006, 07:22 PM   #17
Major Player

Rob, what type of battery life would you get with a normal Canon BP945?

Kevin
Kevin Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 05:41 AM   #18
Trustee

Rob I have a marshall HD-SDI monitor that I would love to purchase the canon mount for do you guys sell the mount only?
Old July 11th, 2006, 08:07 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Another question for Rob: Which Sony batteries can be used with the Nebtek modification? Do the Sony M series work as well?
Patricia Lamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 11:07 AM   #20
NEBTEK

Hello Everyone,

In answer to all of your questions....

"what type of battery life would you get with a normal Canon BP945?"

Battery life on a BP-945 is about 2.5 to 3.5 hours continually running.

"do you guys sell the mount only?"

We can not sell the mount alone since we wire the unit internally in order to make it swappable with the IDX plate. The modification must be done at NEBTEK or you warranty is voided (NEBTEK assumes the balance of your warranty once the procedure is done). Cost- $210, Turnaround time- generally 1 to 2 days.

"Do the Sony M series work as well?"

Our SONY Li Battery adapter works with either the SONY L or M series batteries.

And Yes KEN... HD does mean "High Debt" when it comes to buying the right gear for your camera. Our initial investment on the SONY Z1U is now well over $10K with everything we supply in the rental kit.

Keep you friends close and your wallets closer everyone... the toys just keep getting better and better,

-Rob:)
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:32 AM   #21
Trustee

Just wanted to post that I've received my marshall monitor back from Rob DuBree at Nebtek and it's steller. The ability to now use Canon batteries is *almost* priceless I absolutely reccomend this to anyone that doesn't want to use IDX or V-Mount batteries with thier marshall monitors.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders