New Wide Angle HD Lens Price? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old June 23rd, 2006, 11:17 AM   #1
Regular Crew

New Wide Angle HD Lens Price?

I understand Canon are going to release a 6 x HD Wide Angle Lens for the XLH1 around September / October. Anyone have any idea what price this is going to come on the market for?
Simon Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 01:06 PM   #2
Trustee

Simon,
There was no mention of price for the 6x at the NY show but the delivery date was said to be October, November.
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 04:07 PM   #3
Starway Pictures

I'm curous about pricing too. I have a shoot coming up this fall and we could seriously use this lens.

Now I know it's going to be a 6x wide angle lens. Is there any word on whether or not it will be a manual lens too?
Robert Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 06:17 PM   #4
Trustee

Robert,
I would love to tell you what the lens will be (I would like to know myself) but the Canon people at the NY show I talked to were mostly freelancers and claimed not to have "any details" about the lens except the 6X zoom. They thought it would be manual but you never know what they mean by manual compared to what you mean by manual. My guess is it will be designed similarly to the SD 16X manual with two ND's built in. Iris in that lens is controlled by the camera wheel.
Old June 23rd, 2006, 08:08 PM   #5
Wrangler

A quick search of this forum using "6X" revealed this thread:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...7&highlight=6X

Nothing more is known beyond the doors of Canon's engineering department at this time.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 08:38 PM   #6
Regular Crew

According to the Canon reps at Cine Gear Expo today - expect a 6x Auto around October.
Michael Fischler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 01:39 PM   #7
Tourist

The price for the new wide angle will be under $5,000.00. I was told this in a meeting with Canon execs.
Jeffrey Santoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 04:49 PM   #8
Trustee

Sounds like $4999
Old June 24th, 2006, 05:50 PM   #9
Wrangler

Sounds to me like people just can't help speculating when the facts just aren't available. ;-)

No new and official information that I'm aware of has been made available since NAB.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 02:38 AM   #10
Trustee

Plus tax & VAT...;-)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders