New Zombies Feature shot on XL-H1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old November 29th, 2006, 12:09 AM   #16
Contributor

transfer to film

I'm looking into hdv cameras to shoot a feature with, and i've read at some video to film transfer houses, that they say not to shoot in 24F with the canon hdv cameras, are you transferring to film? if so how are you conforming it to 24fps? and if you had it to do again would you do it the same way (24F, xl-h1 etc...)

thanks
Old November 29th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #17
Contributor

I've read in the past that with the old XL1 you should not use the 24f mode because it was so soft, but I haven't seen that at all in relation to the H1 or A1/G1. However, you can even shoot interlace if you want, and the lab can do the 24p conversion for you.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 04:48 PM   #18
Starway Pictures

DEFINITELY shoot in 24F mode for a transfer to film. 24F is identicle to 24P from a workflow perspective. The transfer house will want it as 24 true frames and that's what the H1, A1 and G1 records to tape.
Robert Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 06:33 AM   #19
Major Player

Agree! I've shot in the "f" mode and did film-out - no problem att all. I sent my footage in tiff-sequense to post.
Jonas Nyström, DoP :: HOT SHOT® SWEDEN :: www.hotshot.nu :: RED #1567, RED 18-50mm T3 :: XL A1, Letus Extreme :: XL H1, 20X & 6X lens (for sale) :: www.vimeo.com/nystrom
Jonas Nystrom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders