Can I get XLH1 body only? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old May 1st, 2007, 03:05 PM   #1
Major Player

Can I get XLH1 body only?

Why Dont they sell the XLH1 without a lens?
They sell the XL2 without a lens. Unless somebody knows where i can get XLH1 without lens. I want the manul - or Wide angle one instead.
I own an XL2. Will the stock 20zoom lens from XL2 work on the XLH1?
Old May 1st, 2007, 03:32 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I was looking into getting the XL-H1 myself, and was wondering how much the XL-H1 body kit goes for alone (no 20x or 6x lenses incl.).

Zotz Digital sells the body kit upon request; if I recall correctly, it was about $6,000 for the body alone. However, this was months ago, and I'm unsure if the pricing has dropped any.

The XL2 stock lens would work with the XL-H1, however, the image quality would likely be lacking because (1) it's an SD lens, and (2) the stock lens is pretty low quality glass. You'd be better off with the 16x manual lens.
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:13 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Vohaska View Post
(2) the stock lens is pretty low quality glass. You'd be better off with the 16x manual lens.
I owned an XL2 and I found the stock lens to be quite exceptional. The sharpest 1/3 DV footage I've ever seen. I'm not saying that it will resolve HD well, but I don't think that it would perform any less than the 16x manual SD lens as far as picture quality goes.
Tony Tibbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 06:54 PM   #4
Regular Crew

ZGC inc. www.zgc.com
Ask for Chris. VERY good in assiting you as i purchased my XL H1 (BODY ONLY)from them. By the way, several weeks later i went ahead and purchased the HD 20X lens from them as well. Next we will purchase the 6X wide angle lense.
Gregory Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 06:43 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Tibbetts View Post
I owned an XL2 and I found the stock lens to be quite exceptional. The sharpest 1/3 DV footage I've ever seen. I'm not saying that it will resolve HD well, but I don't think that it would perform any less than the 16x manual SD lens as far as picture quality goes.
Yeah, I second that. The glass on the stock 20x is about as good as it gets for a SD 1/3 camera, but it's the focus and zoom rings that bite the big one.
R.W. Swanson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders