Hi all, at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old May 8th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #1
Trustee

Hi all,

Haven't visted here much after my post of XL H1 cam.

I'm helping this filmmaker with editing system who shot his to-be-film story with XL H1 with support from Canon Japan.

We tested using Matrox MXO and Decklink HD Extreme HDSDI out to HDCAM (to be color corrected and telecine to film for testing), but the Lab responded that they found some weird flickering on the sky right after every edit points.

The scenes seem to be little over exposured (or should I say challenging with the widest dynamics), and it does not happen when we are monitoring from the timeline (on the desktop and from MXO or DL HDSDI out), but if I export to QT file or master to tape then it happen. It seems to be FCP5.14 rendering problem but does anyone encounter this problem before?

I think the director wants to keep it how it looks on the HDCAM and do the color correction in the post. So, he wants to output the untouched footage to HDCAM, but is that possilbe? I'm thinking I should export to uncompressed once, maybe this coudl help.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 12:19 AM   #2
Trustee

Sorry, I got it. Don't know why but although I selected the preset being YUV, maybe the client made mistake at the beginning, it was rendering RGB. So, the symptom was probably coming from the color space thing. Thanks anyway.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders