XL1s lens mounts at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old June 6th, 2003, 04:36 PM   #1
Major Player

XL1s lens mounts

I have seen and read about various lens mount adapters for the XL1s, some of which offer a very reasonable and acceptable x2 or x1.5 magnification only. But I was wondering out of interest if there is an adapter for Zeiss 120 film lenses, such as Planar T* or Distagon lenes which are all the Zeiss mounts for Hassleblad cameras.

So anyone seen or heard if theres adapters for these lenses out there, cos they are some quality glass!!!
Christopher Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2003, 07:03 PM   #2
Major Player

Just spotted an adapter on e-bay for Canon stills camera to Hasselblad (zeiss) Adapter.....but is there one from XL1s to Hasselblad mount?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2933523766&category=3328
Old June 12th, 2003, 06:47 AM   #3
New Boot

Well ! I think it is not far away to attach a 80 2.8 planar on the XL1S ! I also hope to do so !
Billy Yeung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2003, 06:57 AM   #4
Trustee

That 80mm lens would become a 576mm lens on the XL1. Unless you are shooting wildlife, or something where you need extreme telephoto, it's pretty much useless.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2003, 09:37 AM   #5
Major Player

Yeah but I saw a mount adapter advertised for XL mount to Nikon or Canon that only had between 1.5 to 2x magnification, very acceptable.

http://www.virtualcybervision.com/xl1/canon_ef_to_xl.htm

Surely doing it for a lens like Canon or Nikon would be great having the great skills of german lenses on front of your camera. Even my small Sony camcorder posesses a Carl Zeiss lens. And German lenses are hard to beat. Even just in the filters they have a great white glass, where as someone like Tiffen, has a very slight green tinge to their filters, which is due to their glass. Probably for different sand than the super fine sand the Germans have had access to.

So an XL1s with Zeiss would make a superb combination. Maybe thats one for the future...who knows.

But if anyone sees a mount around in the mean while, let us know!!!
Old June 12th, 2003, 12:40 PM   #6
New Boot

Thx Christopher about this good stuff found !!!! I just can't believed that people can make this good things !!

Billy
Billy Yeung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2003, 01:21 PM   #7
Major Player

No probs Billy, this is what the community is all about, sharing info. I'm so glad I found this site!!!!

The mounts do seem really cool. I just wish I had some Canon or Nikon lenses, but I shot photos with Minolta 35mm gear and Hasselblad and Zenza Bronica on 120 film. Keep me posted if you hear of the mount for (Hasselblad) Carl Zeiss lenses.
Old June 13th, 2003, 04:34 AM   #8
Wrangler

> small Sony camcorder posesses a Carl Zeiss lens

Is it a lens manufactured by Zeiss, or a Zeiss lens design manufactured by someone else?
Old June 13th, 2003, 08:21 AM   #9
New Boot

As contact with Local Hass. Engineer , the Zeiss at Sony only a lens with the calibration or QC of Zeiss's standard !
Billy Yeung is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog