Monitor bracket question for Adam at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old March 6th, 2002, 04:23 AM   #1
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Monitor bracket question for Adam

Adam, I just read your article in the Watchdog, "Adding an LCD Monitor to Your XL1." I was just getting ready to try and have a bracket made to hold my LDC monitor when I found your idea...which is much simpler than what I'd planned to do. One thing I'm not clear on from the photos and explanation...is that one screw that goes through the bottom of the bracket, through the MA-100 and attaches to the base of the XL-1? Or is it a bracket with a screw on one side (to attach to the base of the XL-1) and a socket on the other (to attach the bracket screw to it)?

Thanks.
Old March 6th, 2002, 07:51 AM   #2
Quantum Productions

On the MA-100 there is a flat head screw that you tighten to hold the MA-100 in after you click it into place. I took out that screw out of the MA-100 and replaced it with a screw that came with a bracket kit I bought. (no idea what brand or make that was). That new screw had another screw hole on top of it so you tightened it by turning the sides of it. Original, I'm sure this screw was meant to screw into the bottom of a camera while holding the pre-made bracket. I of course wanted to keep the camera base free for a tripod so I added to the MA-100 instead. I also had to completely take the MA-100 apart. When I'm not using the bracket and view finder, that new screw still stays holding my MA-100 in place but it still has that extra screw hole on the outside of it.

I think that makes sense? Hope this does...
Old March 6th, 2002, 09:43 AM   #3
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Yep...that clears it up. Now I just have to figure out where I can find a screw like that. Would be much simpler than having a metal foundry cast the bracket I've drawn out. Too bad nobody markets something like this.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll let you know if I find the parts and get it put together.
Old March 6th, 2002, 06:18 PM   #4
Quantum Productions

No problem!
Nice chatting with you!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog