Good News!!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old July 9th, 2003, 11:57 PM   #1
New Boot

Good News!!!!

Just found out that my wife is pregnant. We are expecting in March. Now that I have my XL1s...I am going to film from the beginning of the babies first breathe until his or her's first date. And then show it to them. LOL!! I ain't going to film the actual birth, that would be disgusting, but I will get the baby right when he or she gets out :o) I wish I could have seen my life from baby until I could remember. Babies are just freakin histerical!!!! And cute!! Anyways...I was in a good mood, so I wrote this..LOL
Tyson Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2003, 12:10 AM   #2
Wrangler

Congrats!

PS, don't tell your wife you think her giving birth to your child is disgusting. She's probably going to have enough emotional issues already. :)
Old July 10th, 2003, 01:40 AM   #3
Major Player

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Thomas!!!

Quote:
I am going to film from the beginning of the babies first breathe until his or her's first date. And then show it to them.
The real fun is in showing to boy/girlfriend! <evil grin>
Quote:
I ain't going to film the actual birth
A true gentleman always knows when to show restraint! :-)

Congratulations to you both.
Nigel Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2003, 03:22 AM   #4
ChorizoSmells

Congrats on your wife being pregnant.

One thing you might want to do, I don't know if your wife will go along with it, but you ought to start documenting the pregnancy now.

I filmed my friend who was pregnant. I starting filming her when she still wasn't showing and then every two months I shoot some more video of her, as time went on she kept getting bigger and bigger, by the final month she was very big.
Also include the echo photos/video.

I shot her nude against a plain background, when all the footage was shot and edited, you could see her getting bigger and bigger, it looked cool and you could see how her body had changed over time. I was going to shoot her second baby's delivery but by the time she knew she was in labor, they drove to the hospital and didn't make it, she ended up having the baby in the car.

I keep joking with my wife that when she gets pregnant, it will be a three camera shoot in the delivery room, ("camera 1, zoom in, camera two, wide shot, camera three get a shot of the father passed out on the floor." :-) )
Old July 10th, 2003, 11:02 AM   #5
New Boot

That's a good idea Rik. I could use my old camcorders for the other camera angles...LOL Thanks everyone....And that's a great idea, I think I will film her right now and then every two months. Thanks everyone, God Bless!!!
Old July 10th, 2003, 11:09 AM   #6
ChorizoSmells

for the front angle, make sure to keep track of the exact position, I made the mistake of shooting it slightly different each time, I should have positioned her in the middle and the same distance with the zoom all the way wide, I ended up making the image bigger in some cuts and it didn't quite match up. I was trying to get the front shot exact each time so I could morph the shots and it would seamlessly look like she was growing.

Have fun!
Old July 10th, 2003, 12:11 PM   #7
New Boot

HAHAHA I will do that. Anyone else have any good ideas...I am up for them. Oh Yeah...I am saving up to get the P+S Mini35...I will have enough in January...Anyone have any ideas on what good lens I should use?
Old July 10th, 2003, 04:21 PM   #8
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Tyson Thomas : HAHAHA I will do that. Anyone else have any good ideas...I am up for them. Oh Yeah...I am saving up to get the P+S Mini35...I will have enough in January...Anyone have any ideas on what good lens I should use? -->>>

Forget that, start saving up for college tuition! You're gonna be a daddy, no more toys for you! ;)
Old July 10th, 2003, 08:54 PM   #9
New Boot

HAHA LOL, trust me, we've already got that taken care of.
Old July 11th, 2003, 09:31 PM   #10
Inner Circle

hahahaha
mate, believe me, when they this early on, i would STORNGLY recommoend you dont mention the word disgusting... theyre a lil hormonal at this time to say the least.. LOL

Congrats on the pregnancy, my wife is also pregnant and ive been taking stills each day which i intend to morphing once the baby comes.

i may come from a different school of thought here but personally, i feel that the birth of your first child is something that only the parents can share. Having that kind of intimacy will bring you closer together, and sharing it, IMO, will only take that intimacy away. but thats jsut my thoughts...

good luck with the pregnancy, and again, congratulations!!
(Its an incredible feeling, but just wait till you se the first ultrasound... )

one thing i forgot to mention, is that ante natel clinics use a machine called a a Doppler, Its like an audio ultrasound which can pick up the baby's heartbeat.
I took a minidisc in when we went and hooked it up to the machine while they did it and have some awsoem samples of the bub's heartbeat which i'll be using for some ambient trance which im writing. But the point is anyone can get this recording and use it as a backing track :) The sound is jsut incredible :)
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog