Time Code Noise at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old March 8th, 2002, 03:23 PM   #1
BullWorks

Time Code Noise

On my xl1 I am getting time code buz on my audio.
Anyone have any thoughts as to what is causing this ?
Old March 8th, 2002, 06:37 PM   #2
Wrangler

How are you getting time code buzz in your audio? Could you describe the setup and what you are doing?

Image-caused buzz in audio often is associated with over-bright whites in an image and an RF video signal. Thus, under some circumstances it might appear as a result of timecode in a window dub.
Don Palomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2002, 09:43 PM   #3
BullWorks

tc noise

I understand what you are talking about but thats not it.
This is a countinued audio noise . It isn't a buzz but a definite tc audio. If you have heard tc audio you know what I am talking about.
I used a wireless lav mic and a wired stick mic with the ma 100 xlr adapter. I could hear it in the haed phones but it wasn;t that loud, but when I go to digitize I hear it in the speaker from the mixer and during playback.
My normal set up is the wireless straight in with an RCA adapter, along with the senheisser shotgun prosumer mic RCA in also.
I don't hear it as much.
I'm thinking ground problem, but not really sure, so I was just wanting to know if anyone has experienced this before.
thanks for the response.
Old March 9th, 2002, 08:34 AM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Sounds like a grounding problem to me. Are you sure your camera settings are correct, re: mic vs. line level, etc.? If you were hearing it before, just not as much, could be the mic. You might try setting it up but with different mics... you know, isolate the problem.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2002, 09:32 AM   #5
BullWorks

tc noise

Thanks for the info.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog