Canon XH A1 Audio Help. Use stock mic with wireless at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old May 9th, 2008, 04:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon XH A1 Audio Help. Use stock mic with wireless

I want to use my stock mic and use a wireless lav and i cant seem to be able to use them both since the wirless is on the XLR in and the on camera mic is on camera. I change the settings in camera to XLR on under audio options and i cant seem to have the stock mic on one channel and the external mic (xlr on the other) I have a shoot tomorrow and help would be great. thanks
Brent Goodale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Goodale View Post
I want to use my stock mic and use a wireless lav and i cant seem to be able to use them both since the wirless is on the XLR in and the on camera mic is on camera. I change the settings in camera to XLR on under audio options and i cant seem to have the stock mic on one channel and the external mic (xlr on the other) I have a shoot tomorrow and help would be great. thanks
Sadly this is not possible on the XH-A1. You would need its newer model to do that. Next option is to pick up an XLR Shotgun mic to use in your second XLR Chan.
Old May 9th, 2008, 05:07 PM   #3
Regular Crew

what about running the line out to the XLR in? I dont have the cable but just wondering if that is possible
Brent Goodale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #4
Major Player

Which line out are you refering to?
Old May 10th, 2008, 05:13 AM   #5
Wrangler

Note that this is the XL1/XL1S forum, probably not the best place to ask questions about the XH A1.

That said, if you want to use an on-camera mic in combination with a wireless mic, with the HX A1, you will need to use an external on-camera mic, not the built-in mic.

With the XL1 and its successors family of camcorders, you can use the stock on-camera stereo mic with a wireless or two if you record in 4-channel mode.
Old May 10th, 2008, 11:40 AM   #6
Regular Crew

thanks for the help.
Brent Goodale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog