Just got a new lens ...will this fit the xl 1 or H1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old June 4th, 2008, 11:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Just got a new lens ...will this fit the xl 1 or H1

A friend had this lens and its made for Canon.
Canon BCTV Pro Wide Angle Zoom, YH12x4.8 KRS-A

He has looked at it and compared it to the camera mount...he says it didn't look right..... I told him not to force it.....

I have not seen the lens yet but would like to know if it does actually work on these cameras.

Thanks

Tony B.
Roy Beazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:32 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Caertainly not made for the Canon cameras, whether it's been converted for them I wonder? Most likely it'll be Sony B4 mount.
Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 04:13 AM   #3
Wrangler

A $6200 MSRP lens for SD, 1/2" CCD. Not likely to fit without major modifications.

http://www.usa.canon.com/html/indust...%20General.pdf
Old June 5th, 2008, 05:00 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the fast reply guys..... he was so excited to get a good lens he was spewing words out really fast....he said fujinon for sure but now he said it is a canon lens....

well is there anyway to change the mount at all on it....maybe it will work on the H1 if we can change the mount....

I told him what ya'll said and I told him to stick it on ebay.... if he sells it I'll let ya know ....if anyone here would want it....

Thanks for the good info....

Tony B.
Roy Beazley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog