Porta Brace rainslicker at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old July 27th, 2003, 09:17 AM   #1
Tourist

Porta Brace rainslicker

I'm going to buy Porta Brace rainslicker. Does anyone know if the lightwavesystems equipment will fit? I do have all three accessories.

Many thanks
Ulf Widen
Old July 27th, 2003, 10:44 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Ulf,

I got the PortaBrace model made to be used with the MA200. The Lightwavesystem fit inside that one. It´s just one little problem. The fabric on top of the rainslicker, intended to wrap around the microphone, could have been a little wider. No big problem, but it had been easier to fasten it.

By the way, this is the best rainslicker I have had for my XL1s. The other two is fine too, but this one got a much better fit.
Ivan Hedley Enger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2003, 01:09 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I bought the Kata Rain Cover-10 f/Medium. I find it rerrific. It has plenty of options for different configurations.

Most of the openings have a draw string with locking system. The price was exellent and Kata is very responsive when it comes to suggestions for improvement and support.
Virginia Benedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2003, 03:46 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I got both Kata 10 and 11, and I like them, but none of them offer the same fit as PortaBrace.
Ivan Hedley Enger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog