DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl1s-xl1-watchdog/)
-   -   Help Canon XL1s (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl1s-xl1-watchdog/13108-help-canon-xl1s.html)

Eloy Varela August 11th, 2003 07:38 AM

Help Canon XL1s

When I capture images from my Canon to the computer, I realize
that the frames edges are not establisehed enough ("pixels in moving two last lines and two first lines, too).
Is this a problem from the camera?
I have tested with a different camera(another mark) and the problem does not appear.

Nathan Gifford August 11th, 2003 07:41 AM

I believe these are in the overscan area and should not be a problem. If you do a search on 'overscan' you shoud find a number of posts on this subject.

Rob Lohman August 11th, 2003 07:55 AM

One very large thread on this subject already exists here.

Take the time to read it, it is well worth it.

Eloy Varela August 11th, 2003 07:55 AM

Nathan,

ok, but...has your camera this problem?My English is too poor for doing a good chase in the forum:(
Can you help me,please?

Thanks a lot!!

Rob Lohman August 11th, 2003 07:58 AM

Yes, all XL1s have this problem, see the thread I posted above.

As indicated this usually isn't a problem, since:

1) on a TV you won't see it

2) on web output you are going for a lower resolution anyways so just crop the picture slightly before resizing

3) a lot of people go widescreen and add black bars, this covers it as well

You might have problems with a DVD you are watching on a
computer. Or viewing the material on a projector.

Eloy Varela August 11th, 2003 08:33 AM

Thanks Nathan.

I would like to know English enough to show the frustration I feel at this time.It isnīt serious in a mark like CANON;it needs a calidad control!

Eloy Varela August 11th, 2003 08:34 AM

Thanks Rob,sorry!I am nervous:)

Christopher Hughes August 11th, 2003 08:40 AM

Yo hablo espanol asi si quieres te puedo ayudar!!!

I speak spanish, so as you say your english is not that good, if you need help I will be happy to help. And with permission from the MODs you could write in english, but parts in spanish, where you dont understand and I would be happy to guide you in spanish where possible.

Eloy Varela August 11th, 2003 08:48 AM

thanks Christopher,

can i send you a mail in Spanish?
I will do it in other moment because now i am going to speak with CANON(Spain)

Eloy Varela August 11th, 2003 09:09 AM

CANON Spain says that they donīt know anything about this problem;They answer me saying to send them my camera...

Christopher Hughes August 12th, 2003 05:59 AM

Well it could be expensive to send you camera to CANON. What did they say?

Does the lines appear just on the last two lines...at the very bottom? Im not sure i understand what you problem is but I know this has happened to me with 2 bottom lines having bad pixel lines my SONY Hi-8 when 'digitised', but these 'bad pixel lines' appeared outside of the TV screen area, so you never see them.

If you have any questions or want me to try something and see if its the same, just send me an email. OK.