Anamorphic lens for XL1S... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old September 5th, 2003, 06:22 PM   #1
New Boot

Anamorphic lens for XL1S...

While I was doing a little research on the XL1s came across this anamporhic lens, available from ZGC, and was wondering if anyone's used it.

http://www.zgc.com/zgc.nsf/c7a682995...256CAE00626F59

I'm looking to purchase the 16x manual lens with the camera and the plan is to shoot a feature film. Would this lens be worth the money?
Old September 12th, 2003, 05:09 AM   #2
Warden

Do a search here and you'll find references to this lens. I haven't used it but I believe it has a rather limited zoom range.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2003, 04:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Panasonic Anamorphic Adapter with XL1S?

Has anybody tried whether the Panasonic 72mm anamorphic adapter works with the XL1S?

The part number is AG-LA7200G.

this link has a list of parts... there aren't details about the adapter, just a listing.
http://www.panasonic.com/PBDS/subcat...g-dvx100.html#
Murad Toor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2003, 01:56 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Just wanted to revisit Murad's question whether anyone knows if Panasonic's AG-LA7200G can go on the xl1s.
Rafal Krolik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog