durability - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old April 8th, 2002, 10:01 AM   #31
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Adrian Douglas :

The good but bad thing about the computer industry is no matter what you buy and when you buy it, there will always be bigger better faster more on the market a week later.-->>>

Great point, Adrian. I did jump onto one of the new Dual 1GHz units, but I was more concerned with taking advantage of a big price drop (which occurred) than getting the absolute latest and greatest for all time. One thing is certain -- if my machine edits well today, it will edit just as well tomorrow, no matter what comes out. That doesn't stop the drooling, though!
Old April 8th, 2002, 11:14 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Both of your comments are well taken.

I was thinking in terms of my project where I considered buying the machine and FCP prior to travelling to Costa Rica and Belize. I thought getting a handle on what FCP can and can't do might help me in deciding which shots to get. I knew this was foolish and I am glad I waited to buy my new machine until I got back and was ready to cut.

It goes without saying that if you have projects to work on right now then go ahead and upgrade. I also agree that my current machine can always perform at its current level no matter what else comes out. Given what can be done with DV and a personal computer, that says a lot.

Greg Matty
Greg Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2002, 11:21 AM   #33
Trustee

Vic if we aren't drolling over all the gear we could have then it's because we're making big budget Hollywood features and our name is Steven Spielburg

Hell, a Dual 1Ghz G4 is a firebreathing weapon. That is enough to burn anyones DV fingers
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog