New bag for XL1 sized camcorders at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old April 6th, 2002, 11:38 AM   #1
Wrangler

New bag for XL1 sized camcorders

Just went on Lowepro’s website and found that they have what seems like a very decent bag, which is able to take the camera lenses and a few other accessories - they even do a smaller version for the XM1.

It’s a Commercial AW DV

The bag features:

- All weather cover

-Two removable Professional AW SlipLock Side Pockets

-Belt & Buckle

I'm thinking of replacing my Vidcam 6 with this one, it seems to have more protection.

URL: http://www.lowepro.com/pages/Series/ProAW/CommAWDV.htm

All the best,

Ed
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2002, 09:53 AM   #2
Major Player

I bought a lowepro photo backpack and the quality is excellent, metal rustproof buckles and heavy straps. I was very impressed by lowepro 's quality and prices.
Don Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2002, 10:37 AM   #3
Major Player

I had some posts about this bag in the "Carry on bag" string in the general discussions forum. It looks pretty good in the pictures and I asked if anyone had actually had their hands on one of these, i.e., actually stuffed an XL-1 into one.

I've used a lot of other Lowe stuff, back from their original ventures in the climbing arena, and it's always been high quality. I also have one of their still camera bags. I'm interested in the actual functionality of this bag. Wonder if anyone looked at one at NAB?
Old April 13th, 2002, 11:37 PM   #4
Regular Crew

KATA's CCC-1

Something to consider.

When shopping for a case, I wanted good quality and for it to be able to allow me to keep the accessories on the camera.

I was a little disappointed with the Kata CCC-1 case, because when you place the camera in the bag with the MA-200 attached, the audio wires which come out the right side of it get badly bent. The bag stats say it's a little over 6" at the narrowest (internally) but actually that measurement is at the seam at the rear. The narrowest section is actually about 4", right where the MA-200's wires stick out the side. I was considering sending it back but I squeezed the divider in and that made it OK, phew!

Silver Reflections
guypringle@yahoo.com
+27(0)83 256 8566
Guy Pringle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog