Glass Quality - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old December 2nd, 2003, 01:07 AM   #16
Obstreperous Rex

Ouch! Don and Brian and anyone else, at the last minute I'm afraid I won't be making this trip after all. I was really looking forward to it! And I'm determined to make it out next year! Thanks anyway,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2003, 11:19 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Chris,

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it to the Govt. Video Expo in D.C. this year. I was looking forward to meeting you tomorrow. Oh well, there should be future opportunities. Meanwhile, thanks for your great service and happy holidays.
Old December 3rd, 2003, 01:09 AM   #18
Obstreperous Rex

Don, this is a pretty big disappointment, not being able to go -- in addition to meeting you and other fellow DVi members, I was very interested in the keynote address by Commander Bruce Wallace discussing the role of Combat Camera overseas. If you get a chance to sit in on this, perhaps you can tell us how it went. Enjoy the show! Wish I was there,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2003, 06:50 PM   #19
Trustee

<<<MR. Williamson wrote: Also, I can use the 18-35mm with a digital camera body. It is a 5 star rated lens. After seeing images produced by a good film lens on the XL1(S) you realize it was never the camera itself that was producing a "soft" image, but the LENSES"

Bingo.
Old December 10th, 2003, 01:25 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Chris,

Sorry we were not able to meet at the Govt. Video Expo in DC last week. I have to confess I missed Commander Bruce Wallace's keynote address Wednesday afternoon. As things turned out I attended the Expo Thursday, but didn't read your message until after I got back home. I had simply overlooked Wednesday's keynote. Now I'm kicking myself for missing it! I did see the Firestore FS-3 disc drive recorder. This is the one you mount on the back of the XL1(S) with the small portable hard drives. A very neat device, but rather heavy. Also, there was a "shoot out" between Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and Avid Express Pro. One older gentleman told me his head was spinning trying to assimilate all the info on what these quite affordable NLEs can do. truly we live in an amazing time! (I couldn't say for sure which NLE won the shoot out. Each of them can "get the job done." I'm partial to FCP, which I use, but Express Pro looks good, and PC only Premiere does have its seamless compatibility with other Adobe software.)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog