anyone using the sennheiser evolution 100 series at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old April 18th, 2002, 10:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

anyone using the sennheiser evolution 100 series

I bought this today based on a friend who has it seemed to work good and was looking for a backup to my lectrosonics, the big appeal was the cube (plus tried a friends a good range and clarity). I want to use a shotgun off boompole and as my "b" system. I liked it it $512 with shipping seemed okay....Im looking for opinions from those who have owned it for a while, good or bad.....

thanks

michel
Michel Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2002, 10:39 AM   #2

I've had my Evolution 100 for a while now and it has been excellent. I have the EW112p (camera mountable reciever) system and I had a ECM77b Lav modified to use with the transmitter. I'm going to purchase the plug-on transmitter to use with my Sennheiser ME66 as a wireless boom mic. I don't think there is a better wireless system for the money, my personal opinion.
Old April 19th, 2002, 11:58 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi donbarzoni,

I'm in the process of buying the EW112P from Chris at ZGC. It comes standard with the ME-2 lav. Did you ever use this mic and how was it. Later I'd like to buy the Sennheiser MKE-2 Gold mic, but at over $400 it'll have to wait a while.

Silver Reflections
guypringle@yahoo.com
+27(0)83 256 8566
Guy Pringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2002, 03:12 PM   #4
Wrangler

Use it, love it.

The standard mic is a joy. Its works very well and is easy to mount on a camera. It also uses standard 9volt batts so that's easy to find.

What is ZGC selling them for??

Nathan Gifford
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2002, 07:09 AM   #5

I use the Sennheiser 500 wireless plug-on to my boom mounted shotgun - I get superb sound and have never had a drop-out due to interference, distance, etc.
Old April 24th, 2002, 01:22 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Nathan,

ZGC's price is around $450, but Chris is always open to negotiation.

Silver Reflections
guypringle@yahoo.com
+27(0)83 256 8566
Guy Pringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2002, 05:23 PM   #7
Trustee

I'm convinced! I was given the oportunity to play around with the 112 pack (me2 omni lav). For a few bucks more I can get the butt plugg as well(plug in transmitter) Now if I can sell the wife's car?
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2002, 08:06 AM   #8
Wrangler

Since the evolution 100 series are 3.5 minijack how are people attaching the reciever to the camera?

Are you using the MA200/100 with an XLR adapter?
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2002, 07:11 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Evolution 100

I have the ew112p, with the ME2 microphone, I have found it excellent.
I feed it through the MA100 LH channel and have a K6 with ME66 and feed into the RH channel.
I would also like a wireless microphone for interviews. Has any one had experience with the SKM145 microphone?.
I did think of using a SKP100 transmitter on the ME66 but sometimes a opportunity to interview somebody may happen very quickly so did not want to mess around taking it of the camera.
Barry Uddstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2002, 10:43 AM   #10
Wrangler

I attach the receive to the handle

I mount the receiver above the tape door to the handle with 'gorilla velco.' Gorilla velco is a really heavy duty version.

The downside of this installation is if you grab the handle you can dislodge the receiver.

Nathan Gifford
Tickfaw, LA
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2002, 07:00 AM   #11
Major Player

I just recieved the 100 kit, plug-on, body transmit, body reciever, lav, I also have the xlr adapter CL100, problem is the reciever has no output, the tech service guys wouldn't answer the phone and somewone that I spoke to wanted the reciever back, secretary said that my visa would be charged full amount, not real happy with the 100 series.
Don Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2002, 03:11 PM   #12
Regular Crew

where does one find "gorilla Velcro"?
Ford Minton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2002, 11:59 PM   #13
Regular Crew

100kit

I just got mine, recveiver and lav are fine but the cube sucks, audio is so very low tossed ti to a friend to see if it was just me being a idiot and he had the same problem.....any thoughts. based on my experiencve wouldnt reccomend the system of couse it was $495 at bh, i wanted cube most paid little and appear to have got a dust puppet cube...

michel
Michel Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2002, 01:21 PM   #14
Trustee

I tried the cube on an AT835b and a sennheiser ME66 and both work fine. You do have to set the sensitivety to 0db with the AT.
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2002, 02:47 PM   #15
Major Player

The book is poor in describing any of the buttonology. In fact in the book I had it didn't even mention the settings. The book however did mention the plug-on for microphones needed a metal bodied microphone because that is the surface it used as an antenna, it said not to use plastic mics.
Don Parrish is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog