Canon XL1 & XL1S Batteries / Battery Options - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old February 6th, 2002, 08:22 PM   #31
New Boot

I just bought 2 Lenmar 941 batteries from Petra @ 1-800-443-6975 or www.petra-ind.com

Price not counting shipping was $58.49 each.

Michael Page
Michael Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2002, 10:24 PM   #32
TheCrownPrince

Lexmar

I can get that battery for $50.+.It is a monster. It works
like a champ. I don't know when that thing will run down. May try it on my car if the battery goes down.
Old February 7th, 2002, 02:31 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Petra seems only interested in selling to dealers. I am a consumer. Can somebody please give me a site where I can order these online? This is becoming very frustrating. Do all companies who have products to sell normally make it this difficult for people like me to give them money for said products?
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2002, 02:39 AM   #34
Regular Crew

You'll pay a bit more but there is always eBay:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=XL1+7.5

Last edited by Justin Walter; February 7th, 2002 at 02:53 AM.
Justin Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2002, 09:52 AM   #35
Machinist Mate

Petra website says:

Welcome, Dealers !
Petra Industries is a manufacturer, importer and national wholesale distributor of appliance connection and consumer electronic accessories.
We're proud to sell great accessory products from such fine manufacturers as RCA, Zenith, Fuji, Sony and Recoton, to name a few. Catalogs can be requested from our site but we do not yet have online ordering.
Sorry, but we cannot sell direct to consumers! To be a Petra customer, you must supply a resale tax id number to our sales department.
DEALERS ONLY !!!

Now...I do have a state sales tax ID number, cuz I have to charge sales tax for some of the work I do, BUT I don't want to pretend to be in a business that I'm not really in...I gave up selling electronic equipment long ago. That ebay thing might work, they look to be all around $80 there
Old February 7th, 2002, 10:45 AM   #36
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Has anyone compared the Lenmar above with the Bescor BPLI-945 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.2v, 4400mah) for Canon Camcorders?

http://www02.bhphotovideo.com/default.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivator__Aproductlist_html___206364___BEBPLI945___REG___CatID=3466___SI D=EC18143EA60

Mike Bebber pointed these out to me last summer and I've been pleased as punch with them. Never actually timed them...but they last a loooong time.
Old February 7th, 2002, 04:22 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Thanks for the replies. I ended up just calling Pro-Tape and ordering two of them, but even that was a teeny weeny bit of a hassle since they were short staffed today. They only offer the Lenmar LIC911 on their website to order.
Old February 8th, 2002, 03:33 PM   #38
ajpate611

Check out www.studio1productions.com, the sell Lenmar batteries for good prices (6 hour battery for $90.00) and they also sell a Lenmar charger that supposed to charge the big battery in only 110 minutes. How cool is that!
Old February 8th, 2002, 07:22 PM   #39
Obstreperous Rex

Studio1 does not support this Community. Pro-Tape does. Now how cool is *that*

Thank you Joe for ordering gear from my site sponsors. I appreciate it just as much as they do. Pro-Tape may have been short-staffed today but they are one of the best sources for batteries, tape and cameras you'll ever find in the business. It's an honor to have them onboard here.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2002, 06:09 PM   #40
New Boot

I certainly wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers when I posted the info about Petra, just trying to help.

When I opened my account with Petra several years ago, they didn't exclude me because I wasn't a dealer, although some of the purchases I make are resold. And there is certainly no intent on my part to pretend I am in a business that I am not.
Although I admit (and apologize for) not checking their web site before posting the info. If so I would have seen the big "Dealers only" message and would not have made the recommendation. But some may still be interested in buying from them if they carry the product or products they are looking for. So maybe the post will be of some value anyway.

Chris, I also have been a Pro-Tape customer for several years. Gary and Brad in the Houston store are the ones I buy from. But I don't think its good to put all your eggs in one basket from a business standpoint, so I buy tapes from other places also. To me service and friendly, knowledgeable folks are more important than the best price. So I don't always shop for the lowest price.

Michael Page
Michael Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2002, 10:21 PM   #41
Regular Crew

I got the products I ordered pretty quick from Pro-tape. The guy on the phone did not quote me a price for the Panasonic DV head cleaner I ordered so I thought I was getting it for $13.35 as is advertised on their site. Instead I was charged $15.30. I did not notice this until I got my invoice with the product. The guy also quoted me "just under $9" for the 3 day select shipping. In reality shipping was $13.50. So I ended up paying a lot more that I thought.

If you are dealing with Pro-tape, make ABSOLUTELY SURE that you get the final price on everything. But it would probably be better if you just went with someone else who is competant at taking phone orders and also offers ALL of their product on their web site. I will not buy from Pro-Tape again. Period.
Old February 15th, 2002, 10:58 AM   #42
Machinist Mate

Joe, you definitely want to bring this to Pro-tape's attention. I doubt if they want to lose a customer over a $6 misunderstanding. They know you can go somewhere else, unlike Frezzi, where if you want a genuine Frezzi light you gotta buy the Frezzi light.
Old February 15th, 2002, 11:03 AM   #43
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Speaking of which, Graphics Guy, guess what arrived just today. Yep...I'm finally in possession of the elusive Frezzi Mini-fill. Placed the order at the end of October, got it today.

Dang...that was an ordeal.
Old February 15th, 2002, 12:42 PM   #44
Obstreperous Rex

Joe, I'll make sure that Craig Berlin at Pro-Tape is aware of this mix-up. Sounds like it was the fault of the counter help... they're usually struggling UT students working part-time. Craig and his right-hand man, Larry Quick, have been on the road as much as I have been recently with the trade shows. I'll see if I can get Craig in here for a follow-up.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2002, 04:20 PM   #45
Regular Crew

Thanks Chris, that would be great.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog