sennheiser wireless microphones with XL-1 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old March 3rd, 2004, 07:22 PM   #31
Major Player

<<<--But "Winged Migration" is an undoubted masterpiece.

-->>>

After the recommendation by TS, I rented the movie from Blockbuster. I emailed TS the next day to thank him. It was amazing! I then ordered it from Amazon to have it on hand. I enjoyed the special features as much as the actual film.

B&H advised me that they shipped the MixPre that I ordered. Should have it soon. (And, I won't need an AC cord for it!)
Old March 3rd, 2004, 07:56 PM   #32
Major Player

Hi Vic,

True ... true ... PreMix won't need AC adaptor :-). Come to think about it, if you could purchase the 2300 mAh NiMH batteries and its proper charger (get a set of 4 Sanyo's and the charger) - it will last you a lifetime on proper maintenance. Don't bother about alkalines - the recurring costs aren't worth it.

Do let me know what's your opinion of the PreMix when it comes in.

TS
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2004, 07:57 PM   #33
Machinist Mate

Hey, that's great, Vic. We are hoping for a field report once you get it.
Old March 9th, 2004, 04:49 PM   #34
Major Player

I received the MixPre and used it on a shoot this week. It seems to be a fine device -- built like a tank. I got a charger and some NiMH batteries for the same shoot -- Radio Shack has some "IC cubed" batteries that charge in 15 minutes.

I didn't have any audio that tested the limiter while using my AT-897 on a pole, so I'll have to check that feature on the bench. I also want to experiment running a feed from a house mixer into the mic inputs -- I'll probably need to build a pad for that.

So far, I'm quite pleased with the purchase -- one can never have too many toys in this business!
Old August 19th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #35
Regular Crew

ew500

The sennheiser rep gave me the ew 100 to try for a week.
And I had dropouts in certain situations tested the 500 in the same situations no dropouts. batt life 12 hours.
Old August 21st, 2005, 02:21 AM   #36
Major Player

I am now using XL2 with AKG wireless microphones. Pretty good, especially on 4 channel mixer (Sound Devices). Only gripe with AKG is the batteries ... they use 2 AA and 2 AAA ... grrrr, why don't make it 2 AA for the receiver? Other than that, no problems with dropouts. Got radio diversity antenna as well.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2005, 06:40 AM   #37
Major Player

ew 100 sennheiser

I have ew 100 and the sound is great, however, I had some additional sounds other than grooms voice. The sound is similar to what you would think would happen if you were rotating or adjusting the antenna. Kinda of a phase in and out briefly sound. As if the wireless was not quite on the correct channel. It only last for about 1 maybe 2 seconds.

Is this called dropout?
Bill Rankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2005, 07:12 PM   #38
Major Player

Hi,

It looks like EW100 is not selective enough. It might have picked out some other radio signals around - interference. I think (just guessing) the EW100 control circuits are not precise enough to lock on the transmitter (connected to the microphone) - thereby giving you this problem.

Does anybody knows if EW100 offers radio signal diversity? If no, then the antenna MUST be have clear line of sight to transmitter, or else, this kind of thing will happen. Something blocked the transmitter momentary, the receiver then takes a "temporary" stronger signal from somewhere else, and then when transmitter signal gets restored, the receiver goes back to normal.

TS
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog