Azden Wireless Mics Help!!!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old December 25th, 2003, 01:16 PM   #1
New Boot

Azden Wireless Mics Help!!!!!

JUST GOT AN AZDEN WIRELESS MIC FOR X-MAS. GOT IT SET-UP ON THE CAMERA AND I CAN ONLY GET THE WIRELESS MIC OR THE ORIGINAL MIC ON THE CAMERA TO WORK. I CAN NOT GET THE BOTH TO WORK AT THE SAME TIME. DO I NEED TO GET THE AZDEN CAM-3 ? IS THIS WIRELESS MIC ANY GOOD? IT SEEMS TO WORK GOOD JUST PLAYING AROUND IN THE HOUSE. I HAVE A CANON XL1S CAMERA AND WILL BE USING IT MAINLY OUTSIDE. THANKS FOR ANY INFO. JEREMY
Jeremy Wenninger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2003, 01:41 PM   #2
Warden

How are you connecting the mic to your XL1? Also, please do not type in all uppercase. On the web, it is considered yelling and very rude.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2003, 10:49 PM   #3
New Boot

Sorry about the upper case letters. I can only get the wireless mic to work when I unplug the original mic on the camera. That is where I was plugging the wireless mic into on the camera. That is why I can only one mic to work at a time. The directions for the mics are very poor. Thanks again jeremy
Jeremy Wenninger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2003, 05:42 AM   #4
Wrangler

The XL1 can record up to 4 sources on independent channels in 12-bit mode, or 2 channels in 16-bit mode.

Two can come from the Audio1 OR MIC jack for 2 or 4 channel mode, and the other two two can come from the Audio2 jacks for 4-channel mode. The Audio1 and Audio2 jacks are each single channel RCA. The MIC jack is a stereo mini-phone jack.

If you want stereo sound from the built-in mic and also sound from your wireless, use 12-bit 4-channel mode (selected from the menu), and connect the wirekess mic to Audio2 input. Be sure to use the menu to set the Audio2 input to the approaiate input level, possibly MIC ATT. And you will need some adapters to connect the wireles to the RCA jacks.

Azden wireless mics are reasonable mics for their price point, OK for weddings and similar events where superior sound quality is not critical, but they are not a high end product.
Old December 29th, 2003, 05:57 PM   #5
New Boot

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try that now.
Jeremy Wenninger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog