new BOSE headphones at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old June 6th, 2002, 07:40 AM   #1
Regular Crew

new BOSE headphones

Walking by my local Bose store last night I peeked in the window to drool over the Quiet Comfort ($299) headphones like I usually do... and there was something new sitting there next to them... the BOSE Triport headphones. Just as comfortable and small as the high dollars ones without the noise cancelling feature, I couldnt have the salesman ring them up any faster! At half the price ($149) they are still a little high but worth every penny! I have an iPod so I listen to music all day and headphone comfort has become very important to me. It translates directly into wearing them all day on a shoot. and the sound... its amazing coming from such small headphones! they sound fantastic!

Chris
Chris Ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2002, 03:52 PM   #2
Wrangler

Anyone tred the Sennheiser, Sony, Maxell, Brookstone, or other brands noise cancelling mics. They are 1/3 to 1/10 the price of the excellent Bose.
Don Palomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2002, 04:45 PM   #3
"SuperSparks"

Hi Don. I think Chris was referring to noise canc. headphones. If not please excuse this dumb reply. Hi everyone

Jim

Hump? What Hump?
Jim Sauza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2002, 09:58 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I use the Panasonic noise cancelling headphones for air travel etc. They work well and are only 95 bucks or so. Only drawback thus far is losing the little plastic battery cover and having to use electrical tape to hold a AAA in.

Ford Minton
DV Gearwhore
Ford Minton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2002, 06:17 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I would have loved to gotten the quiet comfort noise cancelling ones... but just too much $$$. I really like the bose headphones becasue they dont rest on your ear at all and they are small, which makes all the difference in the world. A lot of other headphones (full ear coverage) I have tried put a slight pressure on your actual ear and after an hour or so and it becomes uncomfortable or they are just so large that they constantly bang into the side of the camera making noise on the tape. So I thought these to be a perfect solution to both problems.

Chris
Chris Ferrer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog