XL1s and MiniDV STandards at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old November 1st, 2001, 03:28 AM   #1
ZoLO_axs

XL1s and MiniDV STandards

Hi!
I own a new Canon XL1s (PAL) Camera. I used it to record my videos via FireWire.
Now i wanted a MasteringStudio to master my work to DVD.
The Problem: The Studio could not read my miniDV Tapes...
(Panasonic DVCPro Player) I`ve Tested the Tapes with Sonys DCR-VX1000-E and it worked fine (works fine with all sony machines BTW)! But with pro equipment (like above mentioned Panasonic players and other machines), all i get out of the tapes are the Video informations... The Timecode and the Audio are damaged or not existent. The Video is played only with maximum Error correction...
Does Canon/Sony fit into miniDV Standarts?
Need some help.. are there possibilities to fix that Prob.? (firmware/Hardwarechanges/CaptureSettings etc...)

Thanx
ZoLO
Old November 1st, 2001, 04:13 AM   #2
Paul Robinson

Yeah but hang on a tick, are you sure that the DVCpro deck accepts MiniDV tapes? They're different formats, and not all decks play all formats.
Old November 1st, 2001, 04:21 AM   #3
ZoLO_axs

RE: XL1s and MiniDV STandards

It shure does.. tested with MiniDV Tapes recorded with other Cameras (Panasonic, JVC...).
Old November 1st, 2001, 09:00 AM   #4
Wrangler

Are you using LP Mode on the XL?

Are you using LP Mode on the XL-1S? There can be compatibility problems when using LP mode.
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2001, 10:45 AM   #5
ZoLO_axs

SP Mode!
didnt try LP mode yet...
Old November 1st, 2001, 02:20 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I had the same problem with a Sony DVCAM/MINIDV-Player/Recorder. We still are looking for a solution. As soon as we get it I will post it.

It's strange because with tapes from the GL-1 I never had a problem.
Markus Bo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog