Video camera Cases at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old July 11th, 2002, 10:45 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Video camera Cases

We had a thread going on Video field camera cases and shipping gear. Lets get it going again. I've noticed there are a lot of great deals on BortaBrace and Pelican cases out there, if you run across some, let us know. Some of the board sponsors have good deals going now also.

As a follow-up on shipping your video gear with the airlines, I am doing the research with several carriers and will post the results here. This will be general info only as a starter to let you know what is available. You will still have to check with YOUR carrier for specifics, as they are different at various airports, due to the recent increased security measures.

Speaking of airports, DON'T let them scan your tapes and film in the new high-power baggage scanners now in use at the major airports, the scan will damage both film and tapes; electronic gear is o.k., but whjen they see it, you may still get searched anyway.

Share your experiences on this with us.
aholston
Old July 11th, 2002, 05:48 PM   #2
Wrangler

For those who like the Pelican cases, you should check out the Storm Cases, a new line that offers a similar style and size selection and price, but with greatly improved features such as vastly superior latches (non-"knuckle-busting" as they call them) and padded handles. I bought one at NAB to evaluate and I'm sold. Try doing a search under "storm cases", a few resellers will pop up.
Old July 18th, 2002, 11:16 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I forgot to add that KATTA cases are very good too, designed by former colleges of mine (enough said), they are very rugged and can be had at very affordable prices. al
Old July 18th, 2002, 12:42 PM   #4
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by aholston : I forgot to add that KATTA cases are very good too, designed by former colleges of mine (enough said), they are very rugged and can be had at very affordable prices. al -->>>

I second the comment on the Kata case. I orderd one with my XL1s and am very happy that I did. This has got to be one of the best camera cases I have purchased. The build quality is excellent. It was worth the price paid to protect an expensive camera.

BTW - I bought the Kata CCC-10 from ZGC (a forum sponsor).
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog