First Impressions - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old July 30th, 2002, 06:50 PM   #31
Wrangler

I gave the Mightywondercam a 4 hour workout on Sunday in 15 minute intervals. It was definitely better, but the weight imbalance is still there and takes its toll. Still, a great improvement.
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2002, 11:39 PM   #32
Air China Pilot

I admit it really felt nice when I tried it out with your camera. I'll put it on the list of things I need.
Old July 31st, 2002, 02:02 AM   #33
ottotune

car shots (off topic)

Did a little of that in Panama which have to be close to the worse roads in the world (but 19 to 20 FEET of rain a year will do that to a road)

I put one tripod leg on the front passenger seat floor and two legs adjusted down on the passenger seat with a strip of 3/8 inch plywood under the feet so that it did not damage the seat.

I have a bunch of bungie cords so I used several on the legs down to the seat belt bolts and to what else I could find. Tie a knot in the bungie cord to make it shorter.

Don't bungie it down too well and compress the seat all the way. Try to compress it about half way if you can. This gives a bit of extra cushion on those back legs and a bit of spring when you go over those real rough bumps.

Oh, yeah... drive SLOW!

Not the professional way but the whole thing has zero added expense... which fit nicely in my budget.
Edward Tune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2002, 02:22 AM   #34
Slash Rules!

Has anyone had any luck with that poor man's steadicam: a monopod with weights? I remember someone saying they tried it and it swayed too much, or something.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog