noise when rolling - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old September 1st, 2004, 04:38 AM   #16
Wrangler

I believe that noise reduction may be an optional plug-in in the case of Sound Forge. It is built-in in the case of Audition.
Old September 1st, 2004, 01:06 PM   #17
Major Player

> They use the noise sample to create the filter parameters, and give control over how much filteration is applied.

Premiere Pro has also such an audio filter. It's called DeNoiser.
Lauri Kettunen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2004, 05:42 PM   #18
Wrangler

I suspect that the Premiere Pro audio capability is partly built on Audition technology given that Adobe bought Cool Edit Pro a couple years ago.
Old November 22nd, 2005, 11:16 PM   #19
Tourist

I have a similar problem

I have the same problem using the ma-100 on my xl1. Like in your case it does not matter weather a mic is attached or not. Gives me some hard times - especially when we have a shot where a boom is needed. Cuz`then the mic-input controll needs to be turned up verry much (manually) most of the time, which makes the noise even louder. But recently I found out that the noise is much louder and more present when I´m using the 3x zoom wide-angle lens. I talked to Canon Service abuot this and they said it could be a problem whith the lens interferring with the circuits of the cam somehow. Anyway I`ll have it checked out by next week. Maybe I`ll know more by then.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog