MA-100 XLR audio adapter questions - Page 18 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old February 9th, 2005, 01:40 PM   #256
Regular Crew

Ma-100 bracket

Help,

I have recently purchased the MA 100 xlr adapter from ebay, but unfortunately it does not have the bracket for adding the battery or radio mic. Does anyone know where I could obtain one, or does anyone have any photos of one so I can make one myself.
Also do you know the part number.
Thanks in anticipation.
Carl Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2005, 01:51 PM   #257
Inner Circle

I could be wrong, but isn't it only the MA200 that has that dual charger?
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2005, 02:03 PM   #258
Regular Crew

Yes the 200 does have the dual charger but the 100 does have an bracket fitting. There are some screw holes built in. When I purchased it the description included "sorry but i don't have the bracket" or words to that effect.
Old February 10th, 2005, 07:45 AM   #259
Inner Circle

Ow okay, sorry.

Good luck! Maybe you could keep searching on ebay or do a request on the Private Classifieds boards here, maybe someone of the forum here has one for you.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2005, 07:52 AM   #260
Regular Crew

Mathieu,
no problem, thanks anyway, as they say you learn somethiong new everyday.

++maybe someone of the forum here has one for you.++

That would be nice.
Old February 11th, 2005, 05:20 AM   #261
Wrangler

Try Canon's national parts to order one.

You can see the MA-100 bracket in the second photo (MA-100 mentioned in the caption) at: http://www.dvinfo.net/canon/articles/article80.php

(Note: the velcor is not part of the standard MA-100.)
Old February 11th, 2005, 11:02 AM   #262
Regular Crew

Thanks for that, I'll get in touch with them if I don't get any offers on the classified forum.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 10:15 PM   #263
Regular Crew

Wireless receiver mount box for ma-100

Can I use the BEC AT100 Mounting Box for Mounting Audio Technica U100 - Wireless Receiver on the ma-100? Will it bolt on to the existing holes on the bracket? I don't want to use velcro.
If it does work, where can I purchase it? B & H has been out of stock of this item for a very long time.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Rene Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 05:02 AM   #264
RED Code Chef

Anyone?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2005, 10:12 PM   #265
Regular Crew

This is the mount box I am refering to.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/sitem/sku=283968&is=REG&BI=15&kw=BEAT100

I want to use this on my ma-100.
Rene Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2005, 07:56 AM   #266
New Boot

Church Sound System share (MA-100)

I tapped into the church sound system a few weeks past using a mini adapter to Audio 1 with a Y splitter to L-R. (audio was set to Mic). I got a constant harmonic about 60% up on the audio indicator............a few weeks before that, I used another facilities sound system and had no problem with audio using the same rig and settings. Anyway, I just got the MA-100 yesterday and was wondering if I can connect to fixed sound systems using XLR connections from sound systems or am I limited to using microphones only? Or should I set Audio 1 to "Line" when tapping into a fixed sound system? OR, should I get the BenchTek DXA-6 to use with both mic's and fixed sound systems? Help would be greatly appreciated.
Rich Herrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #267
New Boot

I am a newbe , so I so not know is this will help or not . I run the sound system for a church and we do some video taping. I have not had the problem you had. I use balanced XLR cables coming out of the mixer into a 31 band EQ. Then XLR cables form the EQ to a bench tek. The Beach Tek is sec at line. With headphones on the DV Camcorder, I wuse th EQ to sut out AC- heater sound, hiss, and other sounds.
Lynn Earl McDow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 06:00 AM   #268
Wrangler

The MA-100/200 is designed for mic level inputs. If you feed it a line level signal, it will be overloaded, and it will clip and distort. Also, it is a transformerless design, so it does not provide the same level of isolation from the source found with transformer-based designs.

If all you have is line level source, then use a 30 dB pad (an attenuator) availabel from most places that sell profesional sound gear.

Many mixers have tape output jacks that provide a nominal -10 dB output level via RCA jacks. You should be able to connect them directly to the XL1 Audio 1 or Audio 2 inputs.

The noise issue you describe sounds like a possible ground loop. More likely if you are using the A/C power adapter with the XL1, but still possible if using battery depending on the circumstances and connections you have at the venu.

An item that might help is to use an "Audio system ground loop isolator," available from Radio Shack."
Old October 29th, 2005, 03:57 PM   #269
New Boot

WOW!!!!!!!!! Thanks to both

I appreciate both replies. I'm going back to the church tomorrow for the sole purpose of doing a test and try and isolate the problem. Every tid-bit of info helps a video / audio novice learn. Thanks again.
Rich Herrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2005, 07:15 PM   #270
New Boot

MA-100 and DC connection

Maybe someone can clarify why the MA-100 has a DC connection! I can't find any info on Canon's site, there's nothing in the spec's or the flimsy little instruction sheet that comes with the unit. Wondering is driving me nuts. The only value I can figure, is that it possibly adds a little ump to the microphone to compensate for line loss. HELP and THANKs
Rich Herrin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog