Going to the Caribbean on vacation can I buy a XL-1 there? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old July 22nd, 2004, 11:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Going to the Caribbean on vacation can I buy a XL-1 there?

They say things are cheaper down there. Is it a good idea to try and buy a xl1s down there? Will be going to St Thomas and Lucia

Thanks
RB
Roy Beazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2004, 11:57 PM   #2
Skyonic New York

gold and silver is cheaper, also depends where...for the most part things cost more...
Robert Mann Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2004, 11:48 PM   #3
Major Player

Those days are gone. You can find better prices with US warranties here in the States.

If you want a bargain...buy RUM!
Old July 25th, 2004, 08:30 PM   #4
Major Player

For all the hype about the prices and lack of duty and taxes in buying stuff in the caribbean when we were there last I didn't see it.

Booze? yeah, okay... but for me saving 3-5 bucks on a bottle and then having to drag the thing back to the states was hardly worth the effort. The only stuff I bought was a couple of nice bottles of wine we drank there.

Gold, jewelry and all that: A person we met there told me NEVER, EVER, EVER pay what the sticker price is. It's set at that for tourists and the price will always go down. You have to bargin or you overpay.

Electronics? I looked at camera stuff while I was there but, like Rick says, I didn't see any great or even semi-great prices plus there is that "okay I got it home and now it's not working... and there is no warranty in the US.." stuff.

St. Thomas: I will recommend going to St. John for snorkling. It's fantastic.
Kevin Burnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2004, 02:19 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for the good tip guys . I 'll keep it in state

RB
Roy Beazley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog