Looking for a support device for wireless at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old July 27th, 2004, 05:32 AM   #1
Major Player

Looking for a support device for wireless

I'm currently using a MA-100 to mount my Senn. wireless to the camera. I need an additional support for another camera to keep from changing the mount from camera to camera for other shots during an event. Anyone have any suggestions...I could just go with another MA-100...but I would like to find a more econmical item or find someone with a non-funtioning MA-100.
Mark A. Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2004, 08:51 AM   #2
Major Player

You've probably already thought of this Mark but you couldn't get much more economical than "hook and loop" tape (velcro).
Randy
G. Randy Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2004, 09:01 AM   #3
Major Player

I would use velcro if I had a big enough surface area on the cam or evern the tripod head.....

BTW...JVC (Ken Freed) sent me another VS-30 to test...looks like they have a new mod to emllimate the digital glitches....

Will find out after I upload footage after Saturday's wedding I'm doing....
Old August 4th, 2004, 07:25 AM   #4
Major Player

OT: well?

Hey Mark, did you capture the footage yet...any improvement?
Randy
G. Randy Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 09:11 AM   #5
Major Player

Unfortunately no Randy....I believe JVC needs to redesign their the entire 1394 interface of redesign the whole VS-30....
Old August 9th, 2004, 01:40 PM   #6
Major Player

To Mark and anyone else that has had the problem with the JVC deck, the following is a copy/paste of an e-mail I just sent Ken Freed with JVC:
The problem is not with the deck, it is apparently the "defective" wiring (improper ground) of the electrical source.
Prior to buying the deck I bought a "Master Piece Plus" by Kensington which is a protective power supply for computers. It has 3 LED lights on it: "surge protection", "low voltage", and "wiring OK". The "wiring OK has always been red in color while the rest have been green. I never gave it much thought until my recent relocation move. It is now green and lo and behold the deck captures flawlessly!!!
The old house had some outlets that were only 2-prong; although I was using 3-prong in my editing bay I believe the house was not "double grounded". Now I can't tell you how to fix the problem but I can tell you that this is the culprit and I bet your techs can find a solution with this information. Anyway, I'll bet that if you ask anyone having this problem to go down to the hardware store and buy a circuit checker (or whatever they call it) you'll find that there is no double-ground" (or whatever they call it).

Sincerely,
Randy
G. Randy Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog