Canon Xl-1 tape worn't load! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old August 21st, 2004, 08:43 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon Xl-1 tape worn't load!

I have you made a stop-motion film. To avoid my camera from going into standby-mode I left the tape ejected. It stood lige that with the power on for about 5 hours straight. On top of that I had a redhead pointing just in front of the camera. So it get a little hot. Then after the 5 hours I wanted to load a tape. But I can't the camera worn't load the tape. I can press it in like normal but the camera just doesn't do anything. I have experienced this before after using the camera in a very moisty enviroment. But I just put it aside for a day with the tape door open, and the next day the problem disappeared! But it worn't disapper this time!
I have sent the camera to canon-service every year since I bought it!

Do you know this problem?? Do you have any solutions???

Thanks
Anders Floe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2004, 09:06 AM   #2
Warden

Are you pressing the metal tape carrier until it locks then closing the plastic outer door?

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2004, 11:07 AM   #3
Regular Crew

No, it worn't even lock in to place. It just goes right out again after pressing it in. I worn't close the outer tape door before it is locked into place. - Makes sense??????
Anders Floe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2004, 10:06 AM   #4
Regular Crew

If you had the tape ejected, how did you record the stop motion? In the future if you have a tape loaded and want to defeat the shutdown, only close the outer door, the transport won't engage and the camera will stay on forever. This accomplishes what you want and also keeps out dust and/or moisture.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2004, 07:35 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Yeah nice tip! Too late though. Damn, I will have to pay for a repair again and it is SO expensive!

Thanks for the help guys!
Anders Floe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog