XL1-S Mic - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old September 17th, 2002, 02:00 PM   #16
Major Player

* * A VERY MUCH CHANGED MIND * *

If you can avoid using the above method, please do. Go out and rent the Sennheiser ME-66 w/ Phantom Power. It was relativey, inexpensive at 40.00 for the weekend.

It worked wonderful. Great sound!

Use the standard mike only if you have to. I've use both, but nothing compares to a directional mike when recording dialogue.

Just watch the yelling... HAR HAR
Derrick Begin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2002, 08:00 PM   #17
Regular Crew

radio shack adapters

LHORIZAN,

I'm going with the XL-1s mike on a boom because I haven't found a decent rental place anywhere in this state (Indiana) to get a dir mike. So I've been to Radio Shack and found that their adapters were to fat like you said. Where did you get the adapters that worked? If they were at Radio Shack, would you be so kind as to give part numbers? Anyway, thanks a lot, and I'll keep saving for that directional mike.

vince
Vince Manganello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2002, 08:01 PM   #18
Regular Crew

whoops

I meant LHORIZON, sorry.
Vince Manganello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2002, 07:35 AM   #19
Major Player

I sanded one of the sides (The adapters that I bought are plastic)... Lightly and it fit with no 'stress' problem.

I don't have the part numbers, I might be able to dig them up in the next day or two.

UPDATE: I used this for a couple of tests... The stereo splitting was interesting. Altering the boom positioning of the mike with an awareness of the right and left. I bought a Sennheiser ME-66 w/K-6. It is absolutely incredible... the sound quality is excellent.

I hope this helps a bit... Maybe you can find a used one on the boards. Keep an eye on BH Photo. I bought mine there for 150.00+ less than retail. Nothing wrong with it, looks, and sounds brand new.

Cheers!
Derrick Begin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2002, 06:26 PM   #20
New Boot

xl 1 mic

i wanted to use the standard xl-1 mic to record ambient stereo sound, through my field mixer, whilst also using shotgun and/or lav mic, is it up to the task?? and can i use an "interesting" plug-and extension lead setup on this mic like described above?
Murray Wilkinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog