Transportation: HC-3100 carrying case? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old November 14th, 2001, 03:31 PM   #1
cameraman

Transportation: HC-3100 carrying case?

Hello!

Does anyone know what the dimensions of the HC-3100 Carrying Case are? Can it be brough on a plane as a carry on? What's the best way to transport the camera?

Thanks!
Old November 15th, 2001, 03:22 AM   #2
Trustee

You can try to carry it on. I have a couple of times, but got chased down the boarding ramp once. Take it as carry on, and if they refuse they will put it with the lugage, this also avoids the excess baggage possibility which can get pricey. Pack the case with bubble wrap, I mean everything, take the camera apart and wrap all the bits in the stuff. then pack it so nothing can move. Airline handling policy seems to start about 1 foot off the ground, if it only falls a foot it's ok.........I don't think so Tim.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog