wireless lav receiver with camera shoe mount? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old October 30th, 2004, 03:08 AM   #1
Major Player

wireless lav receiver with camera shoe mount?

Is anyone aware of a wireless lav system with a receiver that can be mounted to the camera's shoe mount? I once made the mistake of using the included velcro with one of my camcorders and the think like fused itself into the camera body! It ruined the finish. Anyway, do Sennheiser or Audio Technica or any other system come with the shoe mount?

"Good taste is the enemy of creativity" - Picasso

Blog: http://www.tonyhall.name
Tony Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2004, 04:19 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Yes. Sennheiser has a $19.95 part for it's evolution wireless (both SK and G2) that gives you a camera shoe mount. The part comes with the G2 but can be ordered separately and is compatible with the SK series. It works by sliding into the belt clip of the receiver (or transmitter for that matter)

From their website:
Camera mount adaptor CA2 Cat. No. 09986

I ended up removing the shoe mount part and mounting the plate on my MA-100 bracket so my pair of SK receivers (velcro'd together) easily slide on and off. One nice feature of the mount is tha you can move the shoe around to get the best balance of your receiver on your camera.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2004, 02:56 PM   #3
Major Player

Hey thanks for the info! I'll probably go for that one when I buy another wireless lav.

"Good taste is the enemy of creativity" - Picasso

Blog: http://www.tonyhall.name
Tony Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 02:18 AM   #4
New Boot

Another good choice

We use the WRT 822 series, and the matching receiver which amazingly mounts right onto the back of the camera. The Plate that comes with the dual battery adapter charger from Canon (the part number escapes me right now) has four sets of screw holes, Two sets paired higher, and two sets paired lower, and they just happen to perfectly fit the broadcast sony mic mount brackets that come with the WRR822 reciever. Right down to the thread pattern in the plate matching the screws that came from Sony! That way the mic receiver mounts right to the plate and with a quarter turn of the screw, it unsnaps and stores away. It is high enough to get good signal but not really in the way that much either.

Matt
Matthew Elyash is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog