Rain coat for XL1S in Belgium? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old November 11th, 2004, 07:59 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Rain coat for XL1S in Belgium?

Hey, I'm looking for a rain coat for my XL1S.
The thing is, I don't want the canon rain coat because it costs +200 euro, so that's way too expensive. I see on B&H they have a cheap one, I think 80 dollars, but I don't have a credit card.

My question is: does someone know a store in Belgium or The Netherlands, maybe even France or Germany that sells rather cheap rain coats?
So that shipping costs aren't too expensive too, or I can buy the coat in the shop itself?
So my question is more for the people in that area, but other feedbacks are welcome too.

Thank you very much,
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2004, 09:14 AM   #2
New Boot

Hello there

http://www.top-foto.de/

Good service and cheap prices. Not _the_ cheapest, but it's close to the belgian border and convenient for me.

I'm not sure if they have it, but feel free to give them a call. If it's not online it doesn't mean that they don't have it, 's why...

Speaks Dutch fluently too, but judging by your name I don't think that will help you much :)

For more alternatives, you might have a looksee here:

http://www.keynet.be/

And I'll ask around at work next week. I'm not that active in the camcorder field myself, so I'll check with people who are in the know.
Kristof Indeherberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2004, 09:27 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Thank you very much!
The www.top-foto.de site, I already knew, but I couldn't find the rain coat on it, although if I'm honest I haven't checked, I was more looking for camcorders on that site :-) they are actually lots cheaper than in Belgium :-) The XL1S costs almost 800 euro less and if I look at pixmania.com and that website, the price difference of a battery can be 100 euro... so :-)

but thank you for pointing me out to call them once.

The other site I don't know, so I'll check that out.
Thank you for the feedback!

PS: I know my name sounds French but to be honest: my french sucks :-D :-D so I'm very happy they speak Dutch :-)
Old November 11th, 2004, 11:55 AM   #4
RED Code Chef

Mathieu: this is the guy I was talking about earlier, glad he found
your post <g> Good luck with your quest.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2004, 12:02 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Old November 11th, 2004, 03:53 PM   #6
New Boot

Now, with Rob as your forum's moderator you know you can't go wrong :)

The guy is way to nice for this cruel world ;)

And Mathieu, you're welcome. I'll hope I have some more info for you next week.
Old November 21st, 2004, 02:58 PM   #7
New Boot

Okay,

Week has past, yet I don't have anything new to add. Asked around, but didn't get any earth-shoking answers.

You can always try to track down cheap resellers using the pricewatch feature over at tweakers.net Run a search for your cam there, and call up the ones with the low prices. They should be able to order your protective cover too...
Old November 26th, 2004, 09:28 AM   #8
Major Player

If you want cheap....I don't think of myself as being frugal but I agree that raincoats are ridiculously priced, especially when one lives in the middle of a desert as I do. Not only that but I couldn't find one to accomodate the MA-200 which I never take off. One of my gigs though is making high school football highlights videos and we do get occasional cold rain. I found that cutting a couple of holes in a plastic trash bag for the viewfinder and lens and then wrapping the holes with rubber bands not only keeps my cam nice and dry but my hands nice and dry ...and warm(er). In fact I've thought of getting a super big bag and just having the lens hole so that I could get my head up under the thing but drew the line with just the hands. It used to bother me when the news teams would look at me strange until I would see their cameraman (with their Porta Brace raincoats) trying to shoot one-handed while trying to keep his other hand warm in his coat pocket : )
Randy
G. Randy Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2004, 12:15 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Thanks for all the response!
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog