What are the fonctions of these pieces in the X16 Canon ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old April 12th, 2005, 01:10 AM   #1
Tourist

What are the fonctions of these pieces in the X16 Canon ?

In the x16 focus, there was something that was moving when I checked it slowly( there was just behind the PUSH, AF...buttons). I succed to take off these two little pieces.
What are the fonctions ? Where can I do replace them ?
Thanks.

These pieces are here :
http://yannick.michelat.free.fr/piece-objectif.jpg

Yannick- Paris-France
Yann Michel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2005, 05:24 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yann Michel
In the x16 focus, there was something that was moving when I checked it slowly( there was just behind the PUSH, AF...buttons). I succed to take off these two little pieces.
What are the fonctions ? Where can I do replace them ?
Thanks.

These pieces are here :
http://yannick.michelat.free.fr/piece-objectif.jpg

Yannick- Paris-France
Once again I look at these things closely. I think they are allignment guides for a tele-extender or some kind of specialty optical adapter made to fit between the lens and the camera body.

Do you clearly remember where these metal things were attached on your lens? I notice on my 16x lens the rear cover is kept in place with three (3) small screws. One end of the metal pieces appears to be bent to conform to the shape of the lens barrel at the back. Look at it from the side. The other end of these metal pieces have rounded "dimples" that could easily "click" into matching sockets on an optical adapter, the "click" sound informing the user the lens is locked into place.

Did you purchase this camera from a previous owner? If true, then these metalthings could have been added to your lens for a specific purpose.

From everything I could judge from examinng my 16x lens and my camera body, I can not find any place that would suggest these metal pieces were original equipment.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 01:14 AM   #3
Tourist

These metal pieces were original equipment (I’ve buying my XL1 in 2000).
Unfortunately, I don’t remember where these metal things were attached.
Yann Michel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2005, 01:44 AM   #4
Wrangler

Those could be the detent pieces that hold the 16x ND filter in position if they were just behind the push AF button.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:59 AM   #5
Tourist

that you say is very interessant.
Do you know if i can myself put these pieces ?

sorry for my bad english !!
Yann Michel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog