Wide angle attachment for XL1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old September 16th, 2001, 12:40 PM   #1
Beethoven

Wide angle attachment for XL1

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a wide angle attachment for my Canon XL1 (standard lens 72mm thread). I am in the UK and have only found a local company called Optex that sell one for £800, also a firm in the US that do one for £400.

Are there cheeper ones than this, as you can get them for £75 for smaller mini dv cameras that have 46 and 48 mm lens threads.

Any help here will be greatly recieved.
Old September 16th, 2001, 03:16 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

I'm aware of three different wide-angle adapters for the XL1. Optex in the UK, Century Precision in the US, and CaVision in Canada. CaVision is at www.cavision.com -- I have only brief experience with the Century glass; I used it once on a rental basis only.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2001, 11:54 AM   #3
New Boot

Hello guys and dolls

Hello
I just get back from S'pore where they did a service on my XL1, because they can't do it here in Jakarta. After three years using the camera as a pro video journalist I'm glad I did it. I had a lot of problems editing the stuff on my G4; like sync problems, whitebalancing, pushfocus etc. No more.
Like your car: bring it to Canon for a check up every ... years, thanks Krishnan (Canon S'pore)
Andre
Old September 26th, 2001, 04:52 PM   #4
Wrangler

wide angle attachment for XL1

Last I knew, Century offered two, a partial zoom thorugh 0.6x and a more costly 0.7x full zoom through. I've used the 0.6x with good results and like it. Have also heard that folks like the Optex product.
Don Palomaki is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog