Canon extention cable for mike at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old December 4th, 2005, 09:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon extention cable for mike

Looking for an extention cable for the shotgun mike cant seem to find one can not get rid of the zoom noise with out getting the mike away from the camera.

Eddie
Eddie Pelfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 09:08 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Pelfrey
Looking for an extention cable for the shotgun mike cant seem to find one can not get rid of the zoom noise with out getting the mike away from the camera.

Eddie
Eddie,

You might want to check out your cameras zoom noise, or compare with another camera. I have never heard zoom noise from any of my cameras. Maybe the clamp is too tight and it could be loosened.

Good Luck--Mike
Old December 5th, 2005, 11:07 AM   #3
Wrangler

Hi Eddie,

Take your camera with you to an old-fashioned electronics store (you know the ones--they still "make" things?) and show them what you need. I had a cable made that extends the mic about fifteen feet. It works really well!

I had tried what Mike suggested and loosened the clamp, but it didn't really help. (Psst, Mike......maybe you've been to too many races at Daytona without ear plugs??? :)
Old December 5th, 2005, 11:29 AM   #4
Regular Crew

zoom noise

I have tried everything suggested on this forum but the only thing that works is to completly remove the mike from the camera but the cord is only 6" long we do hunting videos would love to have an adaptor were i could use the shotgun mike and a corless mike at the same time.

Eddie
Eddie Pelfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 12:26 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
(Psst, Mike......maybe you've been to too many races at Daytona without ear plugs??? :)

Ya, way too many! :) Plus drag races since I was young. By the way you have not heard loud, until you've stood at the guard rail at Lion's drag strip, in California, and listened to the funnycar "Holy Toledo" run the quarter. But alas that can't be done anymore, as it was before most of the people on this forum were born! Much too much noise in the service too, tanks, guns, headsets.

With all of the abuse my ears were put through, you would never guess what did the damage. It was sitting at a radar console for about 24 hours straight during a mission in the Army. I guess there was a defect in the audio system, and I left at the end with some hearing loss that worsens with time and continually worsening tinnitus, ringing in the ears. I will never be a Douglas Spotted Eagle. Mozart and Beethoven both had severe hearing loss too though, but then I'm no Mozart!!!!!!!! :)

But on the bright side, I learned brail to compensate. My hands are sensitive and can do anything! WAIT, brail is for blindness?!?!?!? Another period of a my life wasted! Well, not really!

So please refer all of your audio questions to someone else. If your audio equipment is broken, I may be able to repair it for your, but you would have to tell me when it starts working again! :)

Good luck to all----Deaf Mike
Old December 5th, 2005, 04:32 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Pelfrey
I have tried everything suggested on this forum but the only thing that works is to completly remove the mike from the camera but the cord is only 6" long we do hunting videos would love to have an adaptor were i could use the shotgun mike and a corless mike at the same time.

Eddie
The above must mean you have a dislike for the ma100 xlr adapter that allows you to do precisely what you want ... 2 mics, independant input, pro connections... just add 2 mono mics and work not with the wildly noisy canon camera mounter stereo mic...
Jimmy McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 10:42 PM   #7
Major Player

Loosing the mic clamp and positional testing helped eliminate most of the zoom motor noise for me.There is an accessory isolator mount avaiable from Canon that isolates the noise, I don't have one (as I use the previously mentioned Ma100 and external mic) but reports from the forum indicate it works well.It also moves the viewfinder forward 60mm effectively moving the camera back 60mm on your shoulder.
Jack Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog