Hype XL1s - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old February 21st, 2006, 11:52 AM   #31
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Wagner
Got my VX2100 on Friday and have been testing it like crazy. So far it works much better in low light (for my needs). I have to only play with the settings for a few seconds to get the result I wanted from the XL1s.
That is so cool, Marco!! Good for you. A good match. :)

I'm hoping your comments don't bring any more rebuttals about XL1s settings or lighting. If this thread was a breathing thing we'd have to take it out and shoot it--seems to me it's been beaten nearly to death. ;)

Hope you're liking your new camera, Andrew!
Old February 21st, 2006, 01:06 PM   #32
Major Player

the camera is working great. im using it with the letus which is giving me nice footage. Unfortunately i overthreaded a step down ring so im in the proccess of ordering a new threaded mount for the lens from canon. I dont have any major complaints about low light performance and ive only been shooting with the adapter on which adds more light loss. outside it works amazing without any additional lights and indoors ive been using a a 500w with softbox and it looks great. i shot a local concert the other nite in a very lowlite venue and it came out great using just the stage lights. i was pleased with the sound quality too of the on board mic. I just bought a lcd projector and got a chance last nite to se the footage theatre sized and i was pretty impressed. Ive got it hooked up to my pc for editing.. love it :) I just bought 3 mnore lenses for my adapter which gives me 28mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 2 x 50mm f1.4 and a 135mm f2.8. looking forward to those. the adapter flips the image and the xl1s has an easy fix for framing.. just switch the evf to the right hand side. im reformatting tonite so i should be able to get some footage up soon.
im buying the ma-100 off these boards on friday and look forward to trying out some new shotgun mics
Old February 21st, 2006, 05:59 PM   #33
Trustee

That's one thing I have to say is amazing on the XL1s is that onboard mic! I have recorded some very wonderfully sounding music with it. It picks up everything with little or no distortion.
Old February 22nd, 2006, 03:42 AM   #34
Trustee

I wish that I could say the same about the Canon onboard mic...I found it terrible for most shoots - my AT815 shotgun clamped in a Light Waves System and Sony radio mics all connected via XLR to the MA-200, sounds SO much better, and the added positive note is that they do not pick up tape mechanism noise like the Canon mic does.
Old February 22nd, 2006, 09:08 AM   #35
Major Player

in a venue with loud music the camera noise isnt an issue :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog