xlis for movies to be transferred to film? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old September 17th, 2001, 07:11 PM   #1
micsanzo

xlis for movies to be transferred to film?

Hi,
I'm going to buy a canon xl1s (after that I am going to sell my xl1, that has only few hours of "work"). But my question is: Even if I like very much the new features of the new xl1s, is this camera the best choise (in its price range) to make a movie that has to be transferred to film? May be the main problem is if I want to shoot "anamorphic". No adaptor for the xl1s!!! Grrrrrrrrrr! I know Yes, I could use its internal built in 16:9, loosing vertical resolution.
The PD150 is more expensive than the xl1s (here in Italy).
So! What's is your opinion about this issue?
The best choise is the xl1s with all its new useful options and improvements (but no anamorphic), or another camera that has both a good quality of image and the possibility to use an anamorphic lens with it? Of course I am speaking about cameras that are in the same price's range).
I know that this is something that everybody is talking about for months and yeard, now, but I still need help, as lots of us. :)
All your helps and opinions will be very loved.
(I hope that my englisg is understandable, if not I can only apologize for that, uh?)
Thank you,
Mic
Old September 17th, 2001, 08:51 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Mic,

Your English is perfectly acceptable. Believe me, my Italian is worse than your English. I don't have any direct experience to help answer your question, but hopefully others will share their thoughts on this.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2001, 08:51 AM   #3
New Boot

I want it...

Drop me a line when you are going to sell the old XL1 Micsanzo, I'm trying to find a used Xl-1 PAL, and you seem like a serious person :)

sorry for the off-topic post
Old September 20th, 2001, 05:35 PM   #4
micsanzo

Hi Thomas!
I have read your message only now... (it's the night between the 20 and 21 of September here)
I'm so sorry, but I sold my xl1 two days ago! :(
I would have liked very much to send it to you, but a guy from my same town gave me a good chance for the price!
I can see if I find another one in a very good condition for you, if you want... May be?
Mine was perfect... I'm sorry to tell you this, but you can understand me... As soon as I found a good one that has bought it without problems I have sold it.
Anyway let me know... if you still need a PAL one.
May be I can get some informations here for a used one.
In Roma there are many people that have it. I can find out if a good one is available.
Bye soon,
Mic
Old September 20th, 2001, 11:07 PM   #5
New Boot

That would be great!

you can reach me at nilsth@nilsth.com , just so we don't bother the other members of this forum :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog