DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl1s-xl1-watchdog/)
-   -   Market Price for XL1S (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl1s-xl1-watchdog/58313-market-price-xl1s.html)

John Christensen January 14th, 2006 08:19 PM

Market Price for XL1S

I was going to buy the XL2, thought I had a good deal on the XL2, only $2329, but then found out it did not come a lens. Then this morning I talked to a friend, he knows someone that is selling a XL1s with XLR plugs, tripod, diffusion filters, wired lavalier, and hard case. This guy wants $2300.00 for this, it is in excelent shape. Any help would be great, John.

Mike Teutsch January 14th, 2006 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Christensen
I was going to buy the XL2, thought I had a good deal on the XL2, only $2329, but then found out it did not come a lens. Then this morning I talked to a friend, he knows someone that is selling a XL1s with XLR plugs, tripod, diffusion filters, wired lavalier, and hard case. This guy wants $2300.00 for this, it is in excelent shape. Any help would be great, John.

All of the discount prices on the XL2 I have seen on the internet or on ebay have been less the lens, and many other needed pieces. Believe me, I did all of the research and checked them all out, I bought mine from B&H and it was a bargain. Was actally less than the bargan places when you add the standard parts.

An XL1s is a very good investment and will do almost all you will need to do, and there are many available, including on this site I believe.

Just a great overall camera, and I have both!

Mike

John Christensen January 15th, 2006 12:45 PM

Market Price for XL1s

Would someone tell me if this is a fair price or not? Please reply. Thanks, John. You can also email me @ JohnMChristensen@msn.com.

Mathieu Ghekiere January 15th, 2006 01:01 PM

It's a pretty good price, I bought mine for 2500 euros last year, second hand, mint condition, that's about 3000 dollars, and it didn't came with anything.
So 2300 dollars with extras in good condition is a good price.

Mike Teutsch January 15th, 2006 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Christensen
Would someone tell me if this is a fair price or not? Please reply. Thanks, John. You can also email me @ JohnMChristensen@msn.com.

John,

Sent you an email.

Mike

Mark Ryan January 19th, 2006 02:41 PM

the price is "OK" I paid $2070 for my that came the shoulder pad with the XLR inputs, 3 filters, 3 batteries, dual battery holder/charger and a few other misc things.

"bare" kits can be found on ebay for 1800-2000

Bryon Akerman January 19th, 2006 03:07 PM

If it really is in excellant condition, I say jump on it. I bought mine about 6 months ago and LOVE it.

PLUS, it's like the import scene. There is so much stuff you can add to it to trick it out. My latest addition... FU-1000.

Now, all I need is to find a place to mount my subs and neon and I'll be set...

Bryon <><