Removing The info off the Display? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old February 11th, 2006, 06:26 PM   #1
New Boot

Removing The info off the Display?

I record with my XL1 at church and am wondering how to remove all the display info off of the monitors. If I am recording with RCA's I can not get rid of the display. But i normally record straight to a DVD burner and the display is clean through the firewire port.

What is the best way to be recording a church service? No editing!
Alan Salway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2006, 02:40 AM   #2
ChorizoSmells

I have an XL-1 as well and with that camera you need to use the remote control to turn off the display info. I think you hit the screen button and the data will turn off. Always take your remote with you when you shoot with your XL-1, you never know when you will need it to turn off this display data.

With the Xl-1s and the XL-2, you can turn off the display by using the in camera menu. I have the XL-2 now and it is so much better to not have to carry the remote with me all the time, I once went to to a club to do some filming and I couldn't run a line out to the monitors because I forgot my remote.
Old February 12th, 2006, 01:53 PM   #3
New Boot

What do I do if I don't have the remote?

When I bought the cam I got it used and I forgot to ask the guy if it had a remote.

My Fault!!
Alan Salway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2006, 01:58 PM   #4
Major Player

with my xl1s when using a monitor i would go into menu ->> display settings ->> and tv diplay off (something like that) and that turns off any display on the monitors

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog