New Optex Widescreen Adapt at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old January 15th, 2002, 06:45 PM   #1
joshishido

New Optex Widescreen Adapt

Has anyone used the new OPTEX WIDESCREEN ADAPTER? Its suppose to shoot in anamorphic widescreen. Anyone hear any feedback. I would appreciate it very much. Or does anyone have suggestions on how to shoot with the XL-1 in widescreen? Thanks.
Old January 15th, 2002, 09:00 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

See second paragraph down on the XL1 Watchdog intro page -- www.dvinfo.net/xl1.htm -- will have more soon.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2002, 12:02 AM   #3
infinity Atlast

You and I are in the same boat, my friend. I've been asking and asking, but Chris says that he'll have more information by the end of the month.

I've checked on the internet for hours and hours, believe me, for any reviews. Nothing so far.

Personally, I'm glad that somebody else besides me is asking about it. I don't feel so alone now.
Old January 16th, 2002, 01:40 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I don't know if this will help you, but I wrote to ZCG sales, asking if it would work with my Canon 14x manual lens, and they basically said no.
Justin Walter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog